9

Year Three

"Will you two please stop flirting?!" Sirius complained jokingly as James and Y/n kept 'flirting' with each other. Y/n gave him a confused look. "Yes, I'm talking about you, and James. You two never stop flirting." Sirius added. "Pfft. I dunno what you mean." James muttered. "Sirius is right." Remus said, only to annoy Y/n and James. "Me and James don't flirt. We're just overly kind to each other." Y/n said sarcastically with a sweet smile. "Okay, Mrs. Potter." Sirius said as he winked at James. Y/n threw a small book at Sirius in return.

By now, Y/n and James knew they had feelings for each other. Of course, though, since the two were both very stubborn, they were still trying to deny it (but failing miserably). Plus, James didn't want a girlfriend and Y/n didn't want a boyfriend. Yet.

Once Remus excused himself to go to his detention, James went straight to talking. "So, isn't our animagus potion almost finished?" he asked quickly, changing the conversation topic. Sirius' expression suddenly changed from happiness to shock. "How could I forget?! Lets go check on it." he exclaimed. The Marauders were keeping the secret potion in the boys' dormitories because only the four boys used the particular room.

Y/n examined the notes she took about the process of becoming an Animagus. Kind of like a to-do list for all the steps. "Okay guys, we're ready." Y/n said, her voice shaking with excitement. "But, you must not tell anybody. Remember, we're unregistered. We could be sent to Azkaban if anybody finds out." Y/n continued, her voice barely at a whisper. "Blah blah blah, let's just drink the potion!" James whisper-shouted which caused an angry look from Y/n and a snicker from Sirius.

Y/n drank her potion first. Right as she finished, she felt, odd. After her went James, then Sirius and then Peter. "I wonder what animal we're going to be.." Peter thought out loud. "On the count of three, we transform." Sirius muttered. Then all together, they counted down. "Three.. two.. one!"

When Y/n transformed, it felt very strange. Something weird definitely came over her, and her point of view was certainly shorter then her usual tall self. The colors Y/n saw were a little bit duller, but she didn't mind. She looked around, and what she saw was a stunning red stag, a furry black dog, and a small rat. On second thought, Y/n wasn't enjoying this very much. She transformed back into her normal self and looked back at the three animals standing before her.

As if on cue, James, Sirius and Peter transformed back into humans as well. "Well.. that was.. odd." James muttered. "At least it worked and we're not some weird human-animal hybrid thingy." Y/n said jokingly. "By the way.. what on earth did I turn into? I saw a dog, a stag and a rat, but I didn't exactly see myself." she stated. Y/n also noticed James starting to blush, but she ignored it. "Oh, Y/n, I thought you realized!" Sirius said in that tone Y/n knew very well. Half sarcastic and half joking, Sirius continued. "Why of course, James was a stag and you were a doe!"

By now, James was bright red. So was Y/n. But, since Y/n seemed to have the best luck at this very moment, Remus barged in. "Where were you four?! I've been looking for you for ages!" he shouted. James, Y/n, Sirius and Peter all exchanged nervous yet excited glances. "Well Remus, we have a bit of a surprise." Sirius said happily. Remus gave the four a confused expression. "Now!" James exclaimed. The four transformed into an animal for the second time. The look on Remus' face was priceless. It was like a mix of shock, happiness, and excitement. Happy tears were even already forming in his eyes. This made Y/n feel great, because she loved making her friends genuinely happy.

"You guys.." Remus started, but James stopped him. "Remus, you gotta understand. The five of us are best friends. We'd do anything for each other, and you know it." James said kindly. "Woah woah woah, what's this? James Potter.. being, nice?" Y/n said sarcastically. Though, she was truly surprised, she did not know this side of James at all. Seems like he really wasn't that self-absorbed anyways. James gave Y/n an annoyed look. "Anywaysss, what we're really trying to say is that no matter what, we're all still best friends." Sirius said sympathetically.

The rest of the week went by with the Marauders fooling around crazily now that they were Animagi. Y/n even suggested little nicknames for all of them, but no good enough suggestions came up yet. Y/n also got a better look at herself as a doe. She was a light brown, with many white spots going along her head to her short tail. She had large brown eyes as a doe, and a cute button nose. Her fur wasn't shaggy or rough, instead it was shiny and silky. Y/n really thought she was a beautiful doe. She was truly beautiful, doe or not though. That's what James thought at least.

James on the other hand, was a stag. That slightly bothered Y/n. As a stag, James was a reddish-burgundy colour, with ginormous beige antlers. He also had brown eyes as a stag, unlike his hazel ones. Y/n really thought a stag represented James nicely. She wasn't exactly sure why, but she just thought it was right.

Sirius was a shaggy black dog. Y/n liked Sirius' appearance as a dog, it fit him nicely. He had small yellowish eyes, and pink paw pads. Everything else was black. Although, Sirius as a dog was one hundred percent similar to Sirius as a human, Y/n thought.

Peter was just a small rat. He had rough fur, small black eyes and a long pink tail that Y/n thought looked a lot like a worm. Overall though, Y/n was overjoyed that she would be able to help Remus through a part of himself that he hated. That's what friends are for, obviously. Y/n thought to herself as she let a smile spread across her face. Though, she was still deeply confused as to why she was a doe and James was a stag. She knew that the animal represented her personality, but Y/n still felt like there was a reason to it.

Being Animagi had opened tons of new prank ideas for the Marauders. And of course, knowing them, they would never ever let an opportunity like this go.

-

THANK YOU for all the reads on this!! I was not expecting this one bit!!
all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones I made up :)