63

"Well, guys, we missed you more, believe me! Here, sit down, James and I have a lot to tell you about." Y/n said, with a big smile on her face, as she gestured to the couch.

After a few hours of stories, interruptions, and questions, the gang was now relaxing in the living room, all of them half asleep.

"Well, guys, this was fun. I'm speaking for both myself and James when I say we're so happy to be back home. But, I'm exhausted, so goodnight." Y/n sleepily announced as she stood up from the couch where she was sitting. 

"Me, too," James muttered, his usually energetic self seemed to stand no chance against the tiring effects of travelling. He stumbled up from his seat with a sigh, and lazily wrapped an arm around Y/n, who was beginning to make her way upstairs.

"Aw, man, you guys are.." Sirius began, but yawned. "boring." he mumbled, while Remus chuckled at how sleepy Sirius seemed to be as well. 

"It's so late, Sirius and I should go home. See you guys next time, well, tomorrow." Remus said with a warm smile, as he dragged a very tired Sirius out of his seat. 

"Night, guys," James concluded, putting his free hand in the pocket of his sweater that Y/n loved very much. Sirius and Remus left with no worries, as Remus was not too tired to drive. He was a night owl, for, well, obvious reasons. 

Now it was just Y/n and James at the house. The first time they had been alone in their home ever since they had returned from the honeymoon. 

"Ahh, I am tired." Y/n said, as if James didn't already know. But, he had something else in mind.

"N/n, I'm gonna go see it again." James whispered, his sleepy expression beginning to show some excitement. Y/n immediately smiled as she rushed towards the one closed door in their house- the supposed 'empty' room.

"C'mon!" she exclaimed, with the excitement of a child trying to rebel without getting in trouble. James quickly followed, and Y/n slowly opened the door to the unknown room that her and James had decorated not long before their honeymoon.

Inside, was an absolutely stunning nursery for the couple's upcoming baby. They did not care that their child would not remember this room whatsoever. James and Y/n only wanted their baby to be happy for the entirety of their life. 

The room's walls were painted light yellow, with simplistic doodles in some areas. There was a rocking chair, for the many nights that one parent would be up singing lullabies to the baby.

 A brand new crib stood in the middle of the room, right under a mobile hanging not too far from the ceiling. Inside the crib was a little brown teddy bear with a bow tie, one that their baby would soon grow to love.

These were only the important factors of the nursery, of course there were picture frames on the walls, drawers, bean bag chairs, all sorts of toys and gadgets, and of course a little Gryffindor flag hung up in the corner of the lovely room.

James took Y/n's hand and held it tight, a smile growing on his face. After taking one final glance at their baby's nursery, he used his free hand to close the door. 

Y/n seemed like she was about to say something appreciative, judging by the little smile on her face, but James accidentally interrupted her. "We are so lucky." he said, while Y/n leaned in and kissed him gently. "I know," she beamed.

-

James and Y/n slept in- badly.  They woke up entangled within each other, both of them completely unaware to the fact that is was in fact 1:27 PM. They had ended up staying up the previous night, enjoying each others company.

Y/n and James watched Grease on their little bedroom TV, a Muggle movie that they both had enjoyed.  After that, they had many long conversations while their favourite old records played in the background. It had been a very good night for a couple, as they went on to fall asleep in each other's arms. 

But, waking up in the afternoon was not the most productive day to spend the day. Oh, well. Blame it on the travelling. 

James was, unusually, awake before Y/n. But his "What the hell!" when he glanced at his watch is what woke up Y/n.

"What's wrong!! What happened?!" Y/n sat up and exclaimed, half asleep, her bed-head hair covering half of her face.

"It's, like, 1:30!" 

"Oh, who cares! Let me go back to sleep, crazy."

"1:30 PM!!"

"WHAT?!"

Y/n bolted up out of bed, but had to lay back down almost immediately. She had intense discomfort in her stomach, similar to cramps. She groaned in pain, and James was immediately by her side. 

"Y/n! Are you hurt?" he frantically asked right away, as he was incredibly anxious due to Y/n's sudden burst of pain. 

"I'm fine--" Y/n winced. "It's just, just contractions. Remember, I'm pregnant," she said with some slight sarcasm at the end of her sentence. Y/n was not in too much pain, as it had eased down. But, James still insisted on being worried over her.

He had already covered her with a blanket, and was in the middle of putting another pillow behind her head, when Y/n stopped him. 

"James, there's going to be a lot of these during the next few weeks. And I really do appreciate you trying to make me feel as comfortable as possible, but there are times where you won't always be right next to me, so I think I should be handling this kind of stuff on my own." she said, trying to be as gentle as possible, because she was only trying to get James to relax a little bit. She felt so bad to have him continuously worrying about her.

James made a confused expression, and he tilted his head slightly.

"What, on your own? Y/n, this is our baby, and I want to- no, I have to be right next to you for the whole process. Don't ever let yourself think that you need to be alone during this, not even for one second. I'm always here, Y/n." he said, gently placing his hand on top of Y/n's hand.

Y/n's eyes lit up, an enamoured smile growing on her face. She moved over on the bed to make space for James to sit. But instead, he continued to talk.

"I don't even care if I have to skip out on job interviews, anything. You and this baby are the most important things right now. You always will be." he finished, and his confused expression was gone. 

He put both of his hands on Y/n's cheek, and bent down to kiss her, as he was still standing. Y/n was smiling the whole time.

"I guess our kid's going to have a pretty amazing dad" Y/n said to James, her goofy lovestruck smile still on her face. 

"Yeah, but they're going to have an even better mom." James responded, making Y/n laugh.

"I love you, James.

"Love you too, N/n.

--

YAY A NEW CHAPTER... thanks for being so patient :-)

i really hope you like this one!! i think it's pretty cute, i don't know

leave a comment!

anddddd see ya soon

- z