Chapter - 40

Amber's breath hitched when she heard that voice. She knew who was the owner of that deep voice and that made her to fidget on her spot.

*'Why he is here? What does he want? Why he was waiting for me?'*

Those were the thoughts rendered inside her head. Slowly she swirled around and her eyes fell on the most handsomest man of the world, who was staring back at her with a soft smile adorning at his lips.

"Ohh, Mr. Kim...good morning!", Jungkook immediately bowed to him.

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon. Good morning Miss Kim.", Taehyung replied with a smirk.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim.", Amber bowed to him as well.

He scooted closer to them and with a stern voice, he spoke, "Can I hane a word with you, Miss Amber?"

"Ugghh!!", she widened her eyes.

Taehyung's POV:
Her eyes widened in surprise and I felt my heart skipped few beats when I stared at those big dark brown orbs.

*'Shit why I always get hypnotised by her eyes.'*

I cursed myself mentally.

"Aaggghh...I wanna ask you about something. Can we please talk somewhere private?", I repeated after composing myself.

"Huh? Agghh...yes...yes!", she nodded her head furiously making me to chuckle mentally.

Within few moments three of us came to the parking lot, near my car.

"What...what you wanna ask?", Amber queried, flickering her eyelashes.

I shuffled around and took out the pendant from my blazer pocket. Dangling it infront of her eyes, I questioned, "Is it yours?"

Amber narrowed her eyes on the pendant and involuntarily her fingers roamed around her neck like searching of something. She took out her pendant from her frock's collar.

I was surprised to see her pendant with her...still gracing its presence proudly on her neck. Both of us shared a question look among ourselves. That Jeon guy was little confused to see exactly the same pendant of Amber's in my hand.

I felt a wave of relief spreaded all over my body. I was relaxed to see Amber had her pendant with her and that made it clear that she had nothing to do with Choi's murder. I was about to move my hand away, when Amber held the pendant.

"Can I have a look?"

I nodded and loosened my grip. She took it and moved closer to her vision and examined it keenly.

"This pendant was exactly like yours. The design is little bit old fashioned. I have seen your pendant when you have came to my office. As the design is very intricated and unique I remembered. Sorry for the inconvinience I caused.", I appologized but Amber....I...don't know but it felt like she didn't heard a single word of mine as she was completely engrossed in gazing the pendant without batting her eyelashes.
End of Taehyung's POV.

Amber's eyes popped out of her skull when she closely examined the pendant. No doubt the pendant was exactly like hers but that not made her restless instead the fine cravings of someone's name on the pendant made her heart beat two beats faster then normal.

'Amy'...she caressed the name with the pad of her thumb. Tears threaten to spill from her eyes. How could she forget about that pendant? How could she forget the person of whom that pendant belongs to?

"From where you got it?", she asked bluntly ignoring his appology completely.

"Uhhmm...", Taehyung debated whether to tell the truth or not.