Chapter 7

????'s POV:
She has rested her upper body on me. The warmth of her body against mine felt good. I felt her hot breaths on my chest. Her hand was still there on my chest clutching my jacket. I lowered my head and took a brief sniff of her hair and body. She smelled amazing. Her scent was literally intoxicating making my senses numb.

I rested my index finger on her chin and made her look at me by raising her face little up. She stared straight in my eyes with parted lips.

She had pretty brown eyes as open and honest as any child. In that moment I thought I found my home....a shade in the scorching sun....a shelter in the throes of cold winds....someone in this anomalous world.

She blinked and the beauty was covered momentarily by the shield of her long eyelashes.

Suddenly we heard footsteps of the rogues. I came back to my senses. I concentrated on the footsteps and I knew its only one.

I showed her my index finger and mouthed "One."

We nodded our head together. Then she moved from me to the other side. I slowly scooted near the edge of the wall withput making any noise. I bend down on one knee and took out my knife that was tied on my right leg.

Just when I saw the tip of the shoe of the rogue I immediately bolted out of the wall and before he could react I slit his throat with my knife, another hand on his mouth so that his scream wouldn't alert anyone.

A muffled sound came from his mouth before dying. I cautiously put the body down and clasped her hand with mine. We slowly step over the body to go out of the building.

As we stepped down the stair one of the rogue come running towards us. I pushed her to the side wall and dodge the attack of the rogue. I immediately moved to his back and before he can anticipate my move I slit his throat like the first one.

I jerked my knife to get of the blood that covered the knife and my hand as well. Then I approached to her. She was terrified. I could see the fear in her eyes but before I could say something to her someone interrupted us, "Aahhhaa....so here you are!"

I turned towards them. There were 6 of them standing infront of me smirking devilously.

One of them leaned slightly toward one side and smirked, "Well....who's that beautiful?"

I looked at her with skewed eye.
"She is of no use to you. You want me. I'm ready to come with you. Let her go.", I tried to convince them but I know they won't listen to me. I could see how they were staring at her with their lustful eyes.

"Not of use?", the boss of the rogues mocked at me, "Who said? She's very useful to us.", then he turned to his boysand ordered them, "Kill him boys and get the girl then we can have some fun tonight."

She clutched my arm tightly. I put my hand on her hands and tilted my head.

"Don't worry, sweetie. Let me finish them off quickly then we can have some fun tonight."

Her eyes grew to the size of saucer and she immediately loosened her grip from my arm. I smirked and turned towards the rogues.

"Let's roll it!", I tilted my head sideways and shrugged my shoulders.
End of ????'s POV.

Amber's POV:
When the rogues smirked at me with their lustful gazes I was terrified. I immediately moved closure to him and grabbed his arm tightly.