Chapter - 54

"Your destination arrived, Mam.", the cab driver announced breaking the strings of Amber's thoughts.

Amber flinched a bit on his words and flickered her eyes outside. Again the same big blank block letters VANTE CORPORATION came to her sight as if mocking at her and her state.

She paid to the driver and with a simple thank you she got down from the cab. She again stared at the building and took deep breath before stepping inside the building.

With fidelling hands she walked upto the receptionist and gave her a nervous smile.

"Good morning...uhmm! I wanna meet Mr. Kim Taehyung.", she passed a ear to ear grin inorder to hide her anxiety to be sensed by the receptionist.

"Do you have an appointment?"

The smile on her lips instantly dropped and she rolled her lips in 'Ohh'. She didn't thought about appointment. Everytime she met Taehyung in his office in urgency and everytime somehow she was lucky enough to meet him without any appointment.

The receptionist stared at her with raised eyebrows and Amber shook her head.

"Sorry, Mam! I can't allow you inside. Please take appointment next time."

Amber stared at her helplessly. Being a sister of a CEO, she knew the importance of an appointment and she doesn't had any. She sighed defeatedly and turned her heels to leave.

At that very moment the intercom of the receptionist's desk rang. She received the call and immediately called out for Amber.

"Mam...wait! You can go inside. Boss is waiting for you.", she spoke with a grin on her lips.

Amber's breath hitched for a moment when she heard Taehyung was waiting for her.

*'It means he know I'm here.'*

Taehyung has saw Amber entering his office building through the CCTV cameras.

With a smirk he informed Jimin, "My expected guest has arrived, Chim. Get me the papers, fast!"

With a nod Jimin left his cabin only to return in few momènts with a red file in his hand. Handing it to his boss he left him alone, pursing his lips tightly. He didn't know but for some reason he was not feeling good. Something making him feel guilty towards that poor girl.

*'If hyung loves her its not her fault but I want hyung to recognise me and value my love so I have to do this....I have to help Taehyung in his plan.'*

With those thoughts he shrugged his guilty feeling aside.

Taehyung made a call to the receptionist and asked her to let Amber meet him. Amber padded towards Taehyung's office. As she was there earlier so she knew in which floor his cabin was.

She kept fiddeling with her fingers during the entire path. Once he reached near his cabin, she took a sharp breath, eyeing the initials of Kim Taehyung.

*'I wish I could meet Hobi today. He would have helped me in convincing Taehyung.'*

A tear slipped from her right eye. She wiped it immediately with a determinant face.

*'No...I have to do this all alone. I can't always rely on others and this is for my oppas.'*

"Come on, Amy. You have to do this for Joonie and Jinnie oppa.", encouraging herself she inhaled deeply to calm her raging heart and abnormal breaths. She curled her index finger and knocked at the door.

A deep husky voice answered from the other side of the door, "Come in."

She slightly pushed the door and got inside the cabin.