Chapter - 41

Amber was lying on the bed unconsious. A drip was attached on her left hand and a clip of heart monitor was connected on the index finger of that very hand. Her face was calm and soft as if she was in a deep slumber. The atmosphere was tranquilled only the beeping sound of the heart monitor was echoing in the room.

Jin turned his head when he heard the door opened. Watching the two of them, he didn't say anything. He again averted his eyes back to Amber.

Jungkook stood near the foot of the bed, with a worried look he stared at Amber. While Taehyung stalked closer to Jin who was sitting on the chair beside the bed. He kept his hand on his elder brother's shoulder.

"Hyung, I wanna talk to you about something.", his voice was calm but his restlessness could be sensed slightly.

Jin gulped, tilted his head slightly and with a small nod got up from the chair. Before leaving he eyed Jungkook to be there in response to which Jungkook bowed to him.

"Whose pendant is it, hyung?",
Taehyung questioned as soon as they came out. Jin fluttered his eyelashes and was about to speak, when Taehyung interrupted him again, "Don't you dare to lie, hyung. I know there is something fishy about this pendant. The way both of you reacted on watching it, I'm damn sure you two know who's the owner of this pendant and Amber has the exactly same pendant which make it more evident."

Taehyung's voice was cold but his rage could be still felt from his words.

Jin sighed, "Yes....we both know whose pendant is this."

Taehyung felt as if the ground underneath his feet swiped away. He was left shuddered. His brother knew who's the owner of the pendant...the pendant which was retrieved from the murder scene...from Choi's dead body. His brother knew who was the killer. This thought made him crazy...insane. He wasn't able to digest what just his brother blurted out.

"Hyung, do you know what you're saying?", Taehyung held his arm and turned Jin towards him so that they stood face to face to each other, staring at each other's eyes.

"You know the owner of this pendant? Do you know from where this pendant has been retrieved? From Choi's dead body...he had clasped it tightly in his hand...so its totally clear that this pendant belongs to the kilker and you know who's the killer.", Taehyung ranted furiously.

Taehyung's rage was increasing second per second and Jin's silence was just adding fuel to his anger.

"Hyung, why Amber has exactly the same design of pendant? By the intricate design of the pendant its clear that these are custom designed pendants made only after customers order. Hyung, its very serious just tell me whose is it?"

This time Taehyung held Jin's shoulder and shook him hardly. Jin stared at him with an indescribable emotion. He had tears in his eyes but Taehyung could sense the hint of arrogance in them which made him furrowed his eyebrows.

"Tae...I know you have so many questions in your mind but its neither the correct time nor the correct place to answer. We'll talk about it later.", Jin patted his shoulder and turned to leave.

"Hyung, atleast tell me whose is it?", Taehyung pleaded desperately.

Jin's steps halted and he swirled around Taehyung. With a deep sigh he spoke, "For the moment, I can only tell you that the owner of this pendant was very close to Amy...was very close to us. You might have already guessed the fact that Amy was very special for that person and that's why he specially designed and ordered two exactly same intricated glow pendants...one for him and one for Amy. This is reason why we both reacted in that manner when you revealed from where you got the pendant."