01 | Wrong way home

Disgusting

Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting.

All you can think of is the monster who seems to be following you around. Everything about it was creepy; it's bloodshot eyes that monitored your every move, it's multiple limbs attached at the worst places possible, and it's bone chilling laughter. God, how you wished it stopped.

Though, as much as you wanted to scream for help, the people around the outdoor market you're currently shopping at looks unbothered. Do they even see or hear it?

It laughed. Again.

'When will you stop?' you scanned the area, eyes brimming with tears. People probably thought you were weird.

Who cries in the middle of a market, anyway?

'Me.' you answer yourself before inhaling sharply, 'How do i get rid of it?!'

What could you do to get rid of it? You had everything you need, ingredients for the katsu curry you planned on making, but you didn't want this monster following you back to your house.

'Fuck, fuck, fuck.'

You took a peek behind your shoulder, automatically turning away when the creatures multiple eyes stared back at you.

This is bad. What should you do? You can't have this nasty monster lingering around you or your house.

You could only think of one way; run as fast as humanly possible!

And you did just that. You received weird stares from strangers but they're not something to worry about. You have this big chunk of eyes and limbs, who's intention you don't know, following you― which of the two seems less of a problem?

You should've just stocked up on food in the morning, huh? If you had known, then it's not worth it going through all this fear.

You ran until your knees finally buckled. You felt so drained and your legs were basically turning into jello.

"Is it.. Gone?" you pant, using a nearby brick wall to balance yourself.

You feel so out of breath.

Unfortunately for you, it still followed you. You could hear its laughter from behind you followed by a series of bones cracking. wWs it walking or running? you couldn't tell and thinking about it is horrifying.

Ah, where were you again?

You looked around you, Eyes slowly widening and face suddenly turning a little pale.

This..!?

'Fuck.' you ended up in front of a locked highschool. To be more specific, your highschool. It's dead silent with only the wind making noise. Of course, we can't forget about the bones cracking in the backround, right?

Chills runs down your spine and you began to feel queasy. No staff did overtime.. No guard had errands to run— it's hopeless to think that there may be someone in campus when you already know there isn't.

Turning around, you're met with a terrifying sight; the monster only a few inches away from you. Its eyes glowed red and it's limbs were now reaching for you.

"Ah!―" you barely dodged a leg that came your way.

You tried to run, but this time one of its arms managed to grab your left leg and trip you. While you fell face first onto the concrete below, you could feel an arm grab the bag that contained your dinner.

Your hot tears began to fall from your eyes like running water. You're helpless. Gosh, was this how things end? You get eaten by this creature? You didn't even say goodbye to your precious home yet!

"What do i do?!" you bit your bottom lip, desperately trying to claw on the pavement beneath while the creature slowly dragged you towards it.

You could only think of one thing and it was ridiculous. Though did you even have a choice? You're desperate, and..

There's nothing much that you can do, anyways..

You tried to look at it from over your shoulder, the clear image of elongated body parts and glowing irises printing itself on your mind. You'll never forget the sound of bones cracking and its distorted laughter.

'Is this worth it?!'

'It's worth trying, right?! Would it stop?!'

'Would begging stop it?!'

'Ugh! I'll die either way!'

You closed your eyes shut. There's no room for hesitation!

You screamed. Like the helpless girl that you are.

"PLEASE HELP!―"