32 | Bad idea

"Eh?" Fushiguro deadpans

You chuckle nervously

"I don't know how to play baseball."

It wouldn't matter anyway if you told them beforehand since, surprisingly, Gojo didn't let you play or partake in the event for some unknown reasons. You guessed he already knew about your upset stomach.

Instead of playing with the others, you were seated with your teammates. Of course, just to look presentable, you wore something similar to Kugisaki's outfit.

You sat beside fushiguro. Panda made sure both you and Itadori are far from eachother— even if they could see you're doing fine around Itadori unlike when you first met, they just have to make sure you won't attack him.

At this point, you didn't mind. If they see you as a threat, then so be it. It hurts you, but they have their reasons, right?

You clench your fist, 'They know something about me..'

Your eyes spares Gojo, the one who told you about your family, a glance.

'..That i don't even know.'

"Strike! You're outta here! Change sides!"

"KAMO! YOU GOTTA SWING!"

A shiver runs down your spine as you hear utahime shout— the sensei seems more pumped up than her own students who are on the field. Now, it's Kugisakis turn to hit the ball.

"You can call me Tohoku's Mashiro Tanaka!" she proudly announces.

You snort, 'Isn't he a pitcher?'

You almost burst out laughing once you see Kugisaki's reaction to the opposite teams pitcher― Muta Kokichi, or more known as  Mechamaru.

"WAIT A MINUTE! That's just a pitching machine!" Kugisaki shrieks, tossing her bat away.

"Kugisaki's lost it!"

Inumaki and Itadori both stood up from their seats. You smile, choosing not to join them in calming down kugisaki.

In a way, this is relaxing. Watching the two schools play a casual game of baseball instead of trying to kill eachother and excorsise curses. It feels like you're participating in a normal event with normal students and a normal school.

Everything feels right.

Though.. 'Then again, if i keep forcing myself to think that i'm still normal, would i have met Fushiguro and the others?'

Your smile turns to a straight line as your eyes soften at the sight of your classmates and the students from kyoto have fun playing.

'I guess it's fine being different. If this is how i could see myself being happy, even for a minute or two, then being different is alright for me.'

The pretty smile of yours is back on your face, now realizing how much you changed in the past month. It wasn't much since you still couldn't properly control your hunger, but learning how to fight and use your cursed energy is still progress.

Would this be the start of your journey to become a great sorcerer?

You hope so.

"Wakey Wakey!"

"..Mmfnfgmgmh.."

If there's anyone you wanted to whip with a belt, then it would be the one and only Gojo Satoru who had the guts to barge inside your room― somewhere near eleven in the evening―while also dragging a equally tired Itadori behind him. Though the boy with pink hair is done complaining and resisting.

"Sensei? It's past curfew!"

You awkwardly cover yourself with the blanket, not wanting them to see the cartoonish animals printed on your pajama's. It's childish, yes,  but you like having cute items like these.

"Wake up, L/N! Don't you remember?" Gojo ask, dropping Itadori on the floor beside your bed.

"Senseeeiii... It's late..!" the boy whines, rubbing his eyes.

You finally show yourself, lifting up the covers and laying there, eyes squinting at the light that Gojo suddenly flicked open when he suddenly waltzed in your room.

"Sensei." you mutter, "Both me and Itadori are tired. Can we please talk about this tomorrow?"

You ask, head turning to his direction. You're met by a pair of legs clad in black trousers. Damn, he's tall and he's already dressed?

Where is he even taking you and Itadori?

You groan, rolling onto your stomach before burrying your head into your pillows.

"Huh?" gojo hums, "I'm taking you two out to train! Doesn't that make you wanna get up?"

A grin is evident on his face. His blindfolded eyes watches you closely for any reaction― especially when Itadori's here, currently sitting the floor and leaning his body on your bed while he tries to keep himself awake.

You frown, "We usually train after classes," you yawn, "And.. Isn't having itadori around me a bit dangerous?"

'So she did notice.' Gojo thought.

He hums as if thinking about it, but he knows he shouldn't give up because of the sole reason of You and Itadori can't be in the same place.

He starts, "I'll be there to protect you both from eachother,"

You raise your head to look at his, e/c eyes scanning his face only to see a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Don't worry, L/N. I am the strongest."