41 | Car rides

"These three died under the same circumstances

"These three died under the same circumstances. Death by stabbing at their respective apartment's entrance."

"Also, all three had recently complained to building management that the auto lock on the automatic doors was wide open."

You play with your hands as you listened to auxiliary manager, Akari Nitta, explain your next mission with your three friends.

If you thought about it, this is the first time you'll be working with the three of them. It's exciting in some way.

"But all the dates and locations are different. Did they really get killed by the same jurei cursed spirit?" Fushiguro ask.

You look outside the car, seeing numerous vehicles driving past. Today seems to be a bit busy.

"Does the door issue have anything to do with jurei?" Itadori ask, "would jurei even trip a door sensor?"

You hum, deciding on joining their conversation, "They don't show up on cameras."

Nitta answers itadori's questions, "It's not the door sensors. The door operator was influenced by the jurei and went crazy."

"Right.. Operator?"

"It's hard to confirm from the crime scenes.. whether or not it's the same jurei. Some time elapsed after the crime. So we investigated if there is a common thread connecting all three. We found that they all went to the same junior high for two years."

She continued, sparing the three students a glance from the rare view mirror.

"So, the three of them got the same curse. and then it manifested after all these years?" Kugisaki ask.

You hear itadori let out an amused noise.

"Ohhh..!"

"Yup. There's a good chance that's the case. We're on our way to talk to a classmate who knew all three."

Nitta then looks at the rear view mirror, flashing you a small smile as your eyes meet.

"I'd like you four to observe as jujutsu sorcerers."

'..This felt exciting!'

To be on a mission with them, despite the case involving the death of three people, sounded thrilling for you. Now that you can control your hunger whenever itadori's around, you can finally stop worrying about his safety. For now, at least— you have only prevented it, not fully stopped your cravings.

in addition to that, you still had enough cursed energy. if things go your way, then you probably won't need to eat or consume any spirits on this mission.

you hope.