72 | Conscience

'Does he know

'Does he know..?'

'Don't leave your lover in the dark.'

'Does he.. Does he..'

'Fushiguro Megumi. He.. He..'

The tatami doors slide open with Y/N being cautious to not make a noise. Her eyes are stinging and filled with tears- she's the only one awake at the moment, and would rather deal with whatever this is alone than disturb her friends.

She steps out the room before sighing shakily. She looks around the dark hallway, slipping on her slippers, before heading straight to the bathroom. The girl rubs her arms in search for warmth, her fingertips cold againts her skin.

She shivers.

Yūrei let's out a laugh, multiple voices of men and women mixed into one. They enjoyed this very much; this is their entertainment and Y/N can't do anything about it.

"Okay.. What the hell do you want?" Y/N whispers as she locks herself in. She has slippers protecting her feet from the cold tiles.

"Noon.." in the mirror, Yūrei's grinning face can be seen, "Go back..! To sleeeeep.."

Y/N feels chills running down her spine. Just what type of sorcerer was this person and why was she letting it control her? She wanted to deny it but seeing as she's already awake and confronting this cursed inside a bathroom says a lot about how much it's affecting her.

"What about Megumi?" she ask, taking deep breaths, "Yūrei, i'm in charge. Don't go telling me what to do."

"I'm well aware, lady Y/N.." they say, "Though i also need to have fun.."

"After all.. Your family has cursed me. It's only naturaaaal.. For me to take a much needed revenge."

Y/N had never wanted to punch a curse so hard. Just.. Why her? She doesn't understand- do people not understand that in some families, every member is not the same? Why does a curse, out of all the things, have to place her in the same group as her already dead relatives?

'A vengeful spirit.. Is this what you are? But Yūrei used to be human once.' yikes. Now that she thought about it, her family really is more than messed up in the head. A good job for valuing the women though—even the Zen'in clan can't do that.

"Oh just why does this family bring me so much bad luck.." she scoffs as Yūrei chuckles. Y/N turns on the sink, washing her face.

The water is cold to the touch which woke the girl up more. She made sure to wipe the corners of her eyes and remove any traces of tears. She wouldn't want her friends to worry as to why she suddenly left the room only to come back crying, right?

"Yūrei, just leave Megumi and my friends alone." she says, closing the faucet before looking at the mirror once again. There Yūrei is, looking over her shoulder.