34 | Spiralling

tw // mc eating

"L/N, i think this is it."

"Huh?"

Being with itadori was, surprisingly, not bad at all. If you consider wiping your drool every few minutes and resisting your urge to pounce on the boy as not difficult, then you've offcially lost it. You really did.

Though what amazed you more is how he was patient and willing to wait outside while you were eating in one of the houses. Itadori doesn't mind the blood stains on your mouth— he'd just point it out to you and let you do the wiping.

Unfortunately, you had led him to your old house which is still infested with curses. You didn't know why, but your feet instantly knew where to go. You didn't even want to go back to your house but something seema to be pulling you to it.

You sigh.

"Itadori, are you―"

You trail off, seeing as the pink-haired boy was talking to someone despite nobody being around. He's having his little banter with himself while you stare at him with disbelief.

'Is he going crazy..?' you ask. suddenly, something clicked. Your eyes slowly widen and you take a step away from him.

It's not just himself..

..He was talking to sukuna.

"Itadori.." you call, voice rising, "Itadori."

He turns to you with a nervous chuckle, slapping a hand over his left cheek as if to shut up the curse talking to him. It's effective.

"Yes, L/N?"

God, just seeing itadori just standing there Is making you hungry. You clench your palm into a fist, resisting the urge to lunge at the boy— when did his cursed energy increase? You were fine around him earlier..

'This is bad..'

While you're staring at him, you see a mouth form on his right cheek.

"Oh?"

Both you and itadori froze as you two heard his voice; it's Sukuna speaking and his eyes are on you. Red irises scanned your figure as if silently judging you. He grins, showing off his sharp teeth before uttering a singe word and disappearing afterwards,

".. Pathetic."

You sigh, placing a hand over your heart before slumping your shoulders. You're calming yourself as itadori began apologizing. He must've thought Sukuna's words affected you, but you're actually trying to stop your hunger from getting the best of you.