05 | Meet again

"I'm sorry.."

You cough.

"I'm sorry!"

You cough once again. This time, you could see blood dripping from your mouth.

This feels horrible. Was this how you're going to satisfy your hunger from now on? Eating these creatures that apparently, no one else could see. You swore you're going crazy, but at least your upset stomach wasn't bothering you.

'This is the third finger i gagged on.'

You shiver at the thought. Why did you even bother counting?

Before leaving the dark and dirty building, you start to calm yourself down. You've only eaten three of those monsters. It's not a big deal, right?

It is.

The first floor of the abandoned apartment already looks like shit, but with your own addition of eyes, fingers, and massive puddles of blood in the color of purple, you made it look even shitier.

Was that even possible?

You place a hand over your mouth, feeling bile rush up your throat.

This absolutely disgusted you, but you have no choice. Your hunger has been sufficed for now, but what about the next few days? Or maybe years?

You bite your bottom lip, trying to stop another few drops of tears from falling from your eyes. You've already done the crying earlier― you didn't need to cry more.

You just.. Want things to end. To never have bought curry that unfortunate day at the market. To never had ran to your high school just to discover that unlike any other sane human, you could eat these monsters.

After that, it just gets worse. You didn't know wether you truly craved normal food anymore or if it's your body craving for these grotesque looking creatures.

Oh how unlucky do you have to be..

"Yeah.." you raise a hand to slowly wave at the once alive creatures who were now turned to puddles of blood. the purple mixed with your own blood.

You reach into your pocket, feeling the smooth cotton handkerchief you decided to bring. It brought you comfort in some weird way, but maybe because you didn't have the opportunity to return it to the boy; who's named Megumi.

With a heavy heart, you turned around and began heading towards the apartments exit.

Everyday, a tired Fushiguro always ask; why are men..?

The 'men' in question is actually his sensei, Gojo Satoru, who dragged him all the way to shinjukus night market. Fushiguro had to admit it isn't exactly a bad place to go hunt for curses, though he wouldn't reccomend bringing Gojo along— it destroys the calm atmosphere. The adult disappeared multiple times only to appear with either a crepe or something sweet in his hands.

And that's the case right now― Fushiguro standing on the sidewalk with his phone out and a small frown on his face.

Though he wanted to go back to Jujutsu tech and send Gojo a message to inform him, Fushiguro also noticed something odd about the market.

It wasn't anything threatening. The streets are still bustling and stalls are still selling products.

Just weird.

He lowered his phone down. God, he really should pay attention to his surroundings. This isn't very shaman of him.

He scrunches his nose at the thought. Itadori was right― he really is shit at making jokes. He couldn't even make himself laugh!

Setting that aside, Fushiguro began to scan the market and what he could already see. Nothing seemed to be out of place..

..The street lights looked normal, people walking past him seems to also be doing fine. Oh, a girl dropped her food. What a shame.

The longer he stared at the unfortunate girl, the faster it was for him to realize she was oddly familiar. Wait..

That's not just any girl!

"H-Hey! You!" he called before speed walking up to her.

With the many pairs of eyes glancing at him, assuming they were the one he was calling, only a pair of surprised e/c hues met his wide ones.

"Eh?" you ask, "You―!"