09 | Returning

"L/N?! L/N!"

Kugisaki and Fushiguro rushed through the halls of the first floor. Both are out of breath and on edge. The two of them had mixed feelings about what they saw earlier; Kugisaki's disgusted but nonetheless pitying you. You looked forced and gloomy when you were devouring the curses— you obviously didn't seem pleased with what you're doing. Fushiguro, however, couldn't process anything at all.

Should he call for help? Or would he ask Kugisaki to keep this a secret too?

His brows furrow. He'll think about those later. He has to find you and his shikigami!

"You know her, Fushiguro?" Kugisaki suddenly ask, her hammer in her hand.

Fushiguro stays silent for a few minutes, "Yeah. I met her on a train."

The two fall silent. Well, what can they say? They're busy looking for this possibly dangerous and mentally unstable girl. Kugisaki feels like Fushiguro has a lot more on his mind but she doesn't bother asking questions.

Who is she?

Is she a sorcerer?

The two teens suddenly stops running when they hear Fushiguro's divine dog barking from a distance.

His eyes slightly widen, "They're near the exit!"

The two first years rush over there, Fushiguro's heart pounding loudly againts his chest as he's preparing himself to see wether you were eating another curse or not.

Thankfully, you aren't.

Fushiguro and kugisaki exchange glances before slowly inching towards you. All they hear is your attempts on stopping yourself from crying.

The hound finally gets off your body once they see the two students. You don't make a move however, since your body feels like shit and you wouldn't want to get tackled to the ground again by a dog bigger than you.

"Uhm.. L/N-san?"

Your breath hitches

"A-Ah.. Fushiguro-san. Nice meeting you here." you finish with an awkward laugh.

You began to slowly sit up while both Fshiguro and Kugisaki watches. You didn't really care about the dirt on your clothes— they've already seen enough of what you did.

You slowly look up at the two, "Hello." you flash them a weak smile, "I'm really disgusting, aren't i?"

Kugisaki gulps. your mouth is dripping with blood― and is that drool?! She has to admit you aren't looking attractive right now..

Would it help if you were cleaned?

She then kneels in front of you before pulling the ends of her uniform up to your chin. As a response, you back away in surprise when she gets close to you,

"E-Eh?"

Kugisaki, with no other words said, begins to clean the corners of your mouth and your cheeks. The girls brown eyes doesn't waver and her face remained calm.

She isn't disgusted at all and this is her way to tell you.

"What's.. Your name?" you ask, your face heating up a little. You have never had this close contact with a girl before.

"Kugisaki Nobara." is her answer. Simple and straight to the point.

Soon enough, she finishes once she's satisfied with how much she removed from your face. Kugisaki stands up before dusting her skirt. She elbows Fushiguro, as if asking him to handle the situation now that she has done her part.

Fushiguro holds out his hand in front of you, "Can you stand up, L/N-san?"

"Ah, yes." you place your hand on top of his.

For fushiguro, your hand is shaking and cold. On the other hand, it's the opposite for you since his hand feels so warm and soft.

He then pulls you up, only for you to stumble and grab onto his arm as support.

You gag, "Ugh."

"Do you want to puke?" Kugisaki ask, patting your back.

'Please no.' Fushiguro wishes you don't get sick when he was still so close to you.

"I'm.. Fine!" you reassure them.

Not only a few seconds later you felt bile rush up your throat. Soon enough, you were vomiting.

Unfortunately for Fushiguro, not only did he has to carry your now unconcious body, he also had to wash his uniform when he gets back.

"Oh no." Fushiguro sighs, now holding your body in one arm. You felt so light— despite what he saw earlier, have you not been eating well?

Kugisaki snickers, seeing the stains on his uniform.

"Good luck with that."