77 | Colony

"This was never part of our deal

"This was never part of our deal."

"Just this once, Tomi‐san.. I can't make it any easier than this. Please bear with me.."

She wore a pair of gloves, hands on both her hips as she listened to his lame excuse.

The woman sighs. She turns her head to the young boy, eyes sharply watching the expressions he's making. Tomi clicks the roof of her tongue when Asato proceeds to stare at the tall and black barrier in front of them- huh.. odd.. Anyone with a brain and a set of functioning brain cells knows better than to join a killing game.

But what can she expect from a sorcerer? Almost all of them are crazy and it seems like Asato isn't any different. Tomi bites the inside of her cheek, stopping a smile from forming on her lips.

She knows someone who's crazy.. But is willing to use that as their strength.

"First you disturb my sleep, then now you're dragging me here? This better be worth it, human."

Asato continues to stare at the barrier, wondering what would happen if they were to enter it. His grip tightens around the heavy handle of his claymore, the rough and familiar feeling on his fingertips. Should they find out?

"Your best friend was turned to a curse by the family i was serving." he starts, catching Tomi's attention, "Recently, they started to cling around a member of that family. Hoshino is her name."

Tomi's brows furrow, "Is that why.."

She refrained from asking the question, reminding herself that she can't be telling her story to a stranger. Her friend is missing and that's it- no need to give out unnecessary information that could be used againts her.

Though this is one huge gamble that she's making; a child like Asato knows about her missing best friend? What benefits does she get with joining a culling game because some child knows the person that she's been searching for?

"For crying out loud.. All these years i've been looking for that fool." Tomi mutters.

She'll play along. As if she has anything better to do other than sit around, watch the world of jujutsu destroy itself, and carry the growing burden that her friend left.

"Fine! i'll participate in this game."

She says, annoyed. Tomi wants to finally pay off her debt to her friend in a way that didn't include working with other people, but it seems like it can't be help.

"But first.. Asato Kimoto, what are your true intentions? Why the hell are you dragging me with you?"

She's strong enough to hold her own. She can even make Asato pop like a bubble if she wanted to- but Tomi knows she can't do that.. This crazy teenager holds information that she might need.

If he doesn't and is only bluffing to get her by his side, then she might as well kill him and continue this culling game.

Asato pulls out a cigarette.