83 | Trial of guilt

"Hey

"Hey.. We can talk this through! Just let me go and i'll leave!"

Amai pleaded, on his knees and arms bounded togeter. He looks up, seeing Shōhei smiling down at him- he seems to be enjoying this too much. The boy with brown hair then crouches in front of Amai, their eyes meeting.

"Not a chance." Shōhei says with a cocky grin.

Amai sweatdrops at the answer he received. The boy couldn't do anything with these damn ribbons wrapped around him. Should he just go and wait it out or actually find a way to escape?

'Not when i'm tied up like this!'

Maybe he could call Itadori for help once the boy is done with Higuruma. However.. Amai knows there's a slight chance that Higuruma, if he's really down in the theater, might have already added Itadori to the list of people he has killed.

"Who's that girl with you?"

Amai suddenly ask as a way to make small talk, making Shōhei raise a brow. If he's going to be stuck here for god knows how long, then he might as well find something to cure his boredom.

"You don't need to know." is the respond he gets. The tied up boy continues,

"Do you like her?"

Shōhei opens his mouth before pausing.

"No." The boy with brown hair then stands up, tightening the ribbons around Amai's arms. As a result, Amai winces.

'This guy's so obvious..!' he thought, annoyed that Shōhei even tried to hide it.

Shōhei turns to look at the theater. Yeah, he's nervous about this whole killing game and, but for some reason he still left his little safe zone just so he can join Y/N.

No. He followed her because he knew of Asato and Tomi's plan from the start. The curious Shōhei just wanted to see it come to fruition.

But while on their journey to find Higuruma.. He never knew he'd see the fear and dread in her eyes while those two players told her she's being targeted.

Huh? She's scared? Shōhei just assumed this Hoshino person, that Asato and Tomi wanted dead, was evil. He never expected Y/N to be clueless.

He then got to know her more.

Y/N just wants to find her friend and leave. If Tomi and Asato are looking for points and nothing else, then they shouldn't be targeting one player.

She may be stronger but she's just like him.. Shōhei may not have a lot of friends, but he wants to leave too.

'Maybe we'll escape this game together.'

-it's a lie that keeps him going.