71 | Tochigi prefecture

"Let's go!"

"Let's go!"

Y/N cheers on the way out of the tunnel leading to the star corridor. Tengen has already given them the go sign to leave and start their mission with finding Hakari, and they have bid Choso goodbye.

Itadori's nervous for the girl. He's lagging behind the two, wondering if there's going to be some type of lovers quarrel. This would not end well..

And much to his luck, before the three of them can step inside the elevator, Fushiguro stops. He turns to Y/N, grabbing the sleeve of her uniform.

"Y/N." he calls, "are you really safe?"

Her heart skips a beat at the question. Fushiguro looked more worried about her than mad at the fact that she lost a technique. The curse over her shoulder shows a toothy smile, mimicking how Y/N's feeling. Happy.

Fushiguro notices the faces Yūrei was making, but doesn't dare let go.

"Yep." she reassures him, "I just feel something heavy on my shoulders. Nothing more."

'Nothing..more?!'

On Y/N's shoulders is a sorcerer her family turned into a curse and forced to guard three weapons for god knows how long. They may seem friendly now and the only problem she has is the additional weight, but what about during the mission? How is she going to try and take advantage of the curse now?

Y/N hoped for two things; they can be useful in the culling games, and they can atleast hold a weapon. If Yūrei won't cooperate after all the sacrifices she did, then she's done.

'Seikatsu chose not to follow the rules.' she thought, now knowing where his innate technique came from. Now where's he again? Ahaha..

The girl looks over her shoulder, seeing Itadori standing there and watching the both of them.

"Are.. You two done?" the boy ask.

Fushiguro sighs. Did Itadori really think him and Y/N would fight? He got his explanation and if the girl doesn't feel comfortable with sharing more, then he'll leave it.