25 | Useless

Who are you even kidding?

'I.. I can't!'

Did you really think you can find Inumaki here? In this big forest?

Tears are already streaming down your face and your heart is rapidly beating due to how nervous you are. You're sure you look pathetic and crazy― blood on your hands, mouth, and even on the handle of your spear. Your long sleeved jacket similar to Kugisaki is also unbuttoned and discarded, only leaving your white uniform.

"INUMAKI-SENPAI!" you shout, desperate to find the second year.

Metal from your handcuffs began clanking with every run you make— it's beginning to get irritating. You grab your cuffed wrist with a hand, forcefully pulling on the cursed charm until it snapped open.

You grit your teeth as you toss the item away, watching as the seal started to slowly burn away.

'Now.. Senpai!'

It may be dumb to call out to him when someone could easily attack you from any direction, but what else can you do? You can't just forget the two options you were given; it's either you help inumaki or help the others in combat.

You wouldn't know how to do neither— remind yourself that out of all the students here, you're the least experienced once. At least itadori has fire to get him going..

'This isn't even supposed to be a one on one fight between two schools!'

The longer you tried to stray further from Fushiguro and Maki, the faster your stamina decreases. Should you stop and rest? Or should you keep pushing forward?

"Useless.." you mutter, your grip on the spear tightening, "I'm so useless! I can't even find senpai by myself!"you berate yourself.

While your legs began to get tired, you kept pushing forward. You know taking random turns in hopes of bumping into your upperclassmen isn't helping you find inumaki but you could only try and hope you won't get murdered

Fortunately, it seems like you had found who you were looking for. In the distance, there you see Inumaki with one of Fushiguro's shikigami's.

"Inu―" you huff, "―inumak-senpai!" you call.

The second year turned to where he heard his name being called, his eyes slightly widened when he sees you running to him.

He waves at your direction.

When you finally reach him and the black shikigami, he let's you take a few second to catch your breath.

"Senpai." you say, "What should i do? Everyone's fighting back there."

"Takana?" Inumaki ask before gesturing to your mouth that is stained with blood you have previously wiped off.

"I'm fine..?" you didn't understand him, but you tried your best.

He only nods, patting your back before silently asking you to follow. You let out a relieved sigh, feeling a lot more safer with him than when you were alone with your thoughts.

While the two of you walked with the shikigami, for some reason, something seemed weird for you and it didn't sit well with your stomach.

It's like.. Something cursed.. Is around.

Your eyes widen, frantically looking around, "Senpai, stop―"

For the second time today, you're harshly tackled to the ground. You try to ignore the pain on your back that was probably from the way you fell.

Inumaki, surprised, takes a few steps back. When he's about to pull down the zipper on his uniform and use his technique to help with killing the curse.. you suddenly bit the spirit.

The second year stood there, shocked at what you had done.

When the curse tries to fight back, you're quick enough to grab onto it's fairly large frame and pull out a chunk of it's flesh. You switch your position with it, now you're on top.

'Stop.. Stop.. Stop..'

'He's watching!'

Tears pricked the corner of your eyes but that didn't stop your hands from tearing the curse into shreds before stuffing the remains in your mouth. Hell, you wouldn't even stop to wipe the dripping blood from your mouth.

Anything just to suffice your hunger..

You know that the more you ate, the more cursed energy circulated through your body. Consuming a lot of curses makes you powerful but in exchange your stomach starts to crave more than what you expect it to consume.

Whenever you start overeating, you also begin to act.. Odd..

'Calm down, Y/N.. You've only eaten two curses!' you tried calming yourself, yet your attempts are fruitless.

While you're busy devouring the curse, Inumaki on the other hand, feels like this person in front of him is no longer his sweet kouhai— but a completely different person.

He gulps. This is bad.

After a few more minutes, the curse is finally gone. The only thing left is a  puddle of blood with little chunks of skin and flesh.

It seemed like you tried to restrain yourself. To stop yourself from doing more.

You stood up without uttering a word. yYur uniform and skirt is now covered in red.

You pick up your spear from the ground.

"Senpai .." you bite your bottom lip as you made eye contact with the cursed speech user.

Due to embarassment and shame because he had to see you like that, you look away. Inumaki frowns at this.

".. I promise i only do this to― to curses.." you stood there, hot tears cascading down your cheeks.

Inumaki feels an ache in his heart as you utter those words; you're trying to make him know you aren't a threat. He slowly approaches you.

"Takana?" he ask.

You finally find the courage to look at the second year, your eyes meeting his own.

You you show a small smile,

"i'm.. fine.."

You're not. Inumaki can clearly see that you never wanted this to happen. You didn't wan't to become a monster.

Well.. You kinda are already..

 You kinda are already