50 | The mole

[ OCTOBER 19, 2018

[ OCTOBER 19, 2018 . . ]

"This way, please."

The four first years follows Utahime in a building similar to what a indoor parking lot looked like. This seemed like a murder waiting to happen― plus it's raining too.

You held your trusty hammer, now having a new look, heavier head, and a much more durable handle. You're quite surprised that it's now in a better condition when you asked Gojo to repair it for you.

You wonder if the others, who weren't Hoshino's, would be able to carry this newly repaired twenty pounds hammer..

"Gojo has informed you all about the mole, right?" Utahime starts.

"Yes." the four of you replied almost simultaneously.

"We think there're two or more people feeding intel to the curse users. One has to be highly ranked, even higher than the principals. I can't do anything about that."

You all suddenly stopped, Utahime turning to face the four of you as she continued explaining the situation.

"The other is someone feeding information to that higher up. Today's target."

"They're still only under suspicion, so after apprehending the suspect, we need to conduct an interrogation."

'Interrogation.. Then why didn't Gojo-sensei..?' you sweatdrop, eyes on your hammer. This idiot made you bring your weapon instead of storing it inside a warp..

Ah, forget it. He must've had his reasons but decided not to tell you.

"So.. It's someone from the Kyoto school, right?" Kugisaki ask.

"Woah..!" Itadori gawks.

"It has to be since we, from the Tokyo branch, are all here." the brown haired girl continues.

"Wow, kugisaki.." both you and itadori say. it's quite impressive that she can calmly say that in front of a teacher who's teaching at Kyoto.

Utahime stayed silent before she was able to speak again. you see her expression shift, as if she was holding back, disturbed, sad― something!

Her brows slightly furrowed.

"The mole is.."

"..Mechamaru."

You tilt your head to the side. you didn't know the guy nor had any form of contact with him, so it's natural that you felt absolutely nothing when Utahime said he was the mole.

You're a little hurt because why would he do that? But nonetheless, you felt neutral.

Utahime then leads the three of you down to what it seems like a flight of stairs leading to an underground cellar.