Chapter Two

My eyes slid open as I sense sunlight coming through the windows of my room. Morning.

By the time I returned back from Malfoy Manor, I only had enough time for what would be considered a nap, not an actual night of sleep. Images of Charles's screams being silenced with a quick flick of a wand, followed by a steady stream of crimson blood pouring from the slit in his throat, filled my brain.

After years of seeing the many ways that the Dark Lord preferred to kill his victims, I didn't find anything shocking anymore. It didn't bother me anymore. I didn't lose sleep. Compartmentalization was an amazing thing.

"Pansy...could you hurry the hell up in there? You're not the only one that lives here...you annoying bitch..." I mumbled the last part.

I banged my fist on the door three more times before the handle started to rattle.

"About fucking time..." I went to slid past her into the bathroom, but was stopped by a pale muscular arm jutting out in front of me.

Draco leaned casually in the door frame, toothbrush hanging from his mouth, towel wrapped loosely around his waist.

"We take too long, princess?" He said, smugly.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes, pushing past his arm and into the steamy bathroom. It smelled like soap and sex in there.

"Sorry, Rosie." Pansy blushed, quickly tip toeing past me with her towel clutched tightly around her.

Looks like Draco is bored this week. "Run out of 5th years to grope, I see." I sighed as I laid my towel on the counter.

"Hey...a man has got needs, Eros. Not my fault Parkinson keeps coming back for more." He sneered, leaning across me to rinse off his toothbrush and spit out the frothiness in his mouth.

"Hope you don't mind, Rosie girl...Pans didn't have an extra toothbrush." He handed over the object in his hand, which I now realized was my own toothbrush.

He was looking for a reaction. Trying to enforce some power over me. Push me over the edge. Get under my skin.

"Don't mind at all. I've had much worse in my mouth," I smiled and scrunched my nose as I smeared on a line of toothpaste, and nonchalantly turned back to the mirror as I brushed my teeth.

Ball is in my court now, Malfoy. The look on his face was one of surprise, and sensual amusement. He watched me intensely for a moment as I moved the toothbrush around in my mouth. The thought of something that was in his mouth now being in mine was probably enthralling to him, but I didn't give him the satisfaction of thinking the same thing.

This was a power move. A strategy to try and get me in his grasps. An attempt to add me to his trophy case. And he lost. Again.

"Draco!" Pansy called cheerily from the other room. He snapped his intense gaze away from my mouth and mumbled something under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked, wiping toothpaste from my lips. On purpose, of course, but he didn't know any better. I was toying with him, and he hated it, but he fell for it every time.

"Nothing...stop trying to get in my fucking head, Eros." He turned on his heel and exited the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind him.

I triumphantly smirked as I turned the lock of the door.