Chapter Sixty-Four

ROSE POV

3 MONTHS LATER...

"Everything is looking great, Mrs. Malfoy." Healer Emelia stated with a kind smile, "Now are you sure you two are set on waiting to find out the gender? I know some new parents are just too excited to wait."

Draco and I exchanged a glance.

"We're sure." We both answered at the same time.

I was convinced it was a boy. Call it mother's intuition. Call it wanting to be right, and wanting to say "I told you so" to Draco in the delivery room.

Draco was dead set on it thinking it was a girl.

We had both turned to old wife's tales that muggles believe in to try and figure out what our baby could be.

"I am exhausted all of the time, and I crave salty foods. It has got to be a boy." I argued to Draco one night as we were about to fall asleep.

"You've been having morning sickness past the first trimester, and you said your skin is breaking out. Those are both tell-tale signs of a girl." He argued back.

"I'm the one growing him, I think I would know." I shot back.

"I'm the one who put her in there, I think I would know." He crossed his arms and pursed his lips dramatically.

We shared a squinty gaze, silencing challenging one another in a joking way.

"You are maddening." I finally shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"And you love me for it."

I groaned as I now realized that I had to pee for the around the 3rd time this hour.

"Well no matter if it's a boy or a girl, they are using my bladder as a snug little pillow." I flung the covers back and moped my way to the bathroom again as Draco laughed from the bed.

Draco was immersing himself in all things pregnancy and parenthood, which was pleasantly surprising.

He bought books about child development and how to help your spouse through pregnancy. He read them aloud to me every night before bed, and every night we learned something new.

Once he learned that a baby can hear voices inside of the womb, he took it upon himself to have full conversations with him or her as if they were sitting right in front of him, pretending like they were answering back and making me cry with laughter every time.

When we slept, he always kept a hand to my stomach, almost as if we were cradling it, or guarding it.

With these insane amount of hormones that surged through me, I found myself making up for all the tears of not crying by crying at least twice a day at the stupidest things on planet Earth.

Draco found it hilarious, I found it annoying.

Blaise thought it was quite funny as well, which was not a good thing.

Blaise hid my wand from me as one of his funny little jokes, and I nearly sobbed. Me. Sobbed. Over a wand.

It was foreign and quite hard to get used to.

Draco also took it upon himself to start visiting a mind healer. I was shocked when he told me he was considering it, as I thought I was going to have to force him there against his will, as talking about his emotions was something I thought he would never do willingly.