Chapter Thirty-Three

ROSE POV

I was going to need a couple of glasses of champagne to get me through this first dance song without a catastrophe.

Everything was going to be fine. Oddly enough, my kiss with Draco the night before made me feel...better. And worse at the same time.

It felt like an itch had been scratched. Like something with in me had been satisfied in a way. But I was left with stronger feelings towards him. The ache in my chest wasn't one of heartbreak as much as it was yearning to have him that close to me again.

"You good, Eros? You look a little...tired." Leo nudged me. We all sat at a large circular table, adorned with magnificent décor, flowers, and floating orbs that danced along the table.

"Y-yes. I'm fine." I took another sip of champagne.

"How many glasses have you had of that?" Leo questioned, peering at the half empty flute in my hand.

"Who cares? It's the fancy French stuff and it's delicious." Daphne gawked over her glass, downing the rest of it.

"Fine—if you want to get shit faced, be my guest." Leo shrugged and leaned back into his seat.

"I'm not getting shit faced. I'm just enjoying some champagne. Maybe if you got the stick out of your ass you can enjoy yourself a little bit too." I pursed my lips and glared at Leo jokingly.

"I do not have a stick up my ass." He retorted.

"Whatever you say, sweetheart." I rolled my eyes over dramatically and took another sip.

"You are infuriating." He huffed, taking a hold of his own glass.

"Connard." I mumbled under my breath, as I Leo only knew a bit of French and probably had no idea what I was saying.

Asshole.

"Jokes on you, petit malin—" Leo sneered, calling me a smart ass, "—the only thing I remember from those bloody French lessons is the curse words."

"Branleur," Draco chimed in with a smirk on his face from across the table.

Wanker.

"You're the wanker, Malfoy. Don't forget what I said about aiming for those fancy little shoes of yours." He pointed to Draco with a warning finger and downed the rest of his champagne.

"Her dress is gorgeous. I've never seen one like that. Did you see the train?" Pansy gawked about Celia's dress. She was right. It was gorgeous. I knew Celia would find a dress just as unique and bold as she was.

"Hope I am not interrupting anything over here, but Rose, Draco, time to head over, alright? Right over there. Don't mind the violins. They've been enchanted. They'll start as soon as the piano does." Narcissa placed to hands on my shoulders as she kneeled down beside me.

Draco and I exchanged a glance and started to stand, his tie and my dress shifting in their shade of red.

"Don't fuck it up." Leo chuckled with a blech.

"Thank you so much Leo for the words of encouragement." Draco smiled sarcastically as he came around the table, floating a hand above my lower back to guide me like the gentlemen he was.

Sometimes I wish he weren't such a gentlemen. It would make it a lot easier to try and deny the feelings I had for him.

Leo blew us both a dramatic kiss and I rolled my eyes.