Chapter Thirty-Six

ROSE POV

For the rest of the day, we explored the manor, as if we didn't already know every inch of it.

It just felt nice. Romantic, almost. Just Draco and I. Talking like best friends and kissing like lovers do. The best of both worlds.

We strolled through the garden and the hedge maze. We walked around the edge of the woods, and laughed at memories of us trying to climb the trees when we were around 10.

"Nearly broke my arm. Remember that?" I laughed.

He nodded, "How could I forget? My mother never let me hear the end of it."

Around evening time, he took me to the library, stating that he needed to show me something, and that it was time sensitive.

When we walked in to the large windowed-wall, I knew immediately what he wanted me to see.

"Besides the roof, this is the best place to watch the sun set." He hugged me from behind and set his chin on my shoulder. I held onto his arms that were wrapped around my waist and smiled.

"I don't deserve you." I sighed, leaning my head against his slightly.

"Don't say that." He whipped me around to the side so that he now stood in front of me, with hands on my upper arms.

"Why not?" I scrunched my forehead slightly and tried to read his face.

"If anyone doesn't deserve the other, it's me." He tried to reason, "Do you not remember that it was me that almost fucked this whole thing up in the first place?"

I frowned slightly and shook my head, "That doesn't mean you don't deserve me." I gently put my hands to his sides, almost floating them there.

"Then why do you think you don't deserve me?" he questioned delicately.

I sighed.

"Because I was a bitch to you for years." I started, "I dragged you along, toyed around with you, and made your life a living hell just for my own amusement. You shouldn't be able to even stand me."

He rolled his eyes playfully, "Please, Rose. If anything, that made me even crazier for you."

I smiled and kissed his cheek quickly.

"You deserve me." I whispered.

"You deserve me." He replied, dipping down his head slightly.

He placed a gentle kiss on my lips with the sun set as our background.

Someone below at the entrance of the library cleared their throat, making us both whip our heads toward the noise.

"Dinner is ready. I was sent to inform you both." Theo stood just inside the library doors with his hands folded behind his back, looking tense.

Draco and I looked at him and then at each other awkwardly before Draco finally said something.

"Thanks." Draco exhaled heavily.

Theo gave a short nod and then backed out of the room.

"He spoke to me. Yesterday, before the wedding." I informed Draco as we headed down the halls.

He stopped suddenly and grabbed my hand, forcing me to stop as well.

"What did he say to you?" there was a tinge of possessive energy in his stance.