Chapter Sixteen

ROSE POV

"Can you guys hurry the fuck up? What's taking you so long? I'm starving." I shouted to my roommates, who were taking an exceptionally long time in the bathroom getting ready.

"It's just dinner, I don't know why you all are getting all done up."

Pansy came bustling out of the bathroom with a cloud of that god-awful perfume of hers. I took mine out of the bathroom.

I didn't want her using it anymore.

"There are all kinds of cameras and reporters here today! If I get in the background of one of those pictures, I would rather die than look a hot mess." Pansy smoothed out her robes in the mirror.

"You might want to rethink the hair then..." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" Pansy whipped her frizzy pony tail around.

"Nothing!" I perked up. All I wanted was to eat.

Daphne and Millicent came dashing out one after the other, and I couldn't help but notice a poorly concealed hickey on her neck that her hair partially covered.

I so badly wanted to ask her about it. Shout from the fucking rooftops and chastise her about sleeping with Blaise Zabini, but I didn't.

I would have if Draco hadn't told me it would probably be a bad idea. He said to keep it in our back pocket in case we needed some sort of diversion. Whatever that means.

"Ready now?" I glared at all of them.

"Oh lord, Rosie's hangry. Let's go before she yanks my hair again." Daphne's eyes widened and she slid on her robes.

"That was one time, 4th year..." I squinted as we walked out of the door, "And you deserved it."

We quickly made it down to the common room as I practiced my unamused face I would make when I saw him.

Cool. Calm. Unphased.

Like the taste of peppermint still didn't linger on my lips.

"Hey, Rose. Where have you been? I haven't seen you." Theo was the first to address me as we walked down, and I immediately felt eyes on me.

Those eyes.

Theo stepped forward like he was about to hug me but I pretended like I didn't notice.

"I've been asleep all day, pretty much. Didn't sleep to well on the couch." I twitched me head over to Pansy, who was actively aware of Draco not giving her an ounce of attention.

She gave me wide eyes, telling me without words to shut up.

"Why didn't you come to me? I had room for you." He nudged my arm with his elbow.

Because you literally snapped someone's neck right in front of my fucking face and I can't even look you in the eye now.

I just shrugged, "Didn't think about it."

My stomach growled in protest to our waiting around.

"Why you three all prissied up? Trying to impress someone?" Blaise motioned to Daphne, Pansy, and Millicent. He raised his eyebrows to Millicent, and Draco and I shared a quick glance.

"I want to look cute for the cameras." Daphne threw her hair over her shoulder and smiled.

"Cameras?" Draco asked, sliding his hands into the pockets of that signature black suit that he wore under his robes.