Chapter Fifty-Nine

ROSE POV

"Your mother's body was retrieved after her passing, and was buried in a plot in Celestial Bloom cemetery as stated in her will." An attorney, who's name plate read only "Julie", stated, fixing her glasses on her face.

"Celestial Bloom? I—I thought she was to be buried in the family plot in Salazar Point." I stated, confusion clear in my voice.

"It states here that your mother purchased a plot of her own in Celestial Bloom over five years ago, along with a tombstone and a florist service. Where you unaware of this?" Julie asked.

Five years ago?

"What about my father?" I asked, needing more information.

"Your mother requested that she be buried separately."

Well that was a nice kick to the heart. My mother couldn't seek freedom and independence in life, so she assured she would have it in death.

I had been to Celestial Bloom cemetery once or twice for funerals of people that I didn't even remotely know. It was quite beautiful, as the flowers there had been charmed to bloom year- round, and the colors changed with the changing of the moon phases, and the constellations according to the time of the month.

It was breathtaking, and exactly the place I felt my mother's soul fit. She was always so fond of flowers.

"Your father, given his association with Tom Riddle, as not been permitted a public funeral. Whether or not he is to have a proper funeral is completely in your hands as the next of kin." She went on, "His burial is to be in the family plot at Salazar Point, as stated in his will."

Did I want to have a funeral for my father? A proper funeral with tears and flowers and black dresses.

Would people find it odd that I would mourn for him considering I was fighting against him? Considering I fled from him and betrayed him?

But he was still my father.

I'm sorry I didn't open my eyes sooner.

His words still stung like the stinger of a bee.

"A private funeral will do. No ceremony or speaking or anything like that. I would just like to be there for the burial, if that is possible." I stated firmly, feeling a bit of self-confidence as Draco squeezed my leg under the table.

"That can be arranged." She stated with a short nod, "Now, I am aware that you have signed away the Eros Estate to the hands of the ministry, and your father seems to have sold the other properties in wake of the war, but it does appear that there is something in your mother's name that has been left to you."

Puzzled was putting it lightly.

"I assume you were unaware of this?" Julie asked, raising an eyebrow.

Since when did my mother own her own real estate?

"Um...yes. I was—unaware there was any property in my mother's name." I readjusted my posture, "Where is this located?"

She shuffled some papers around and adjusted her glasses on her nose.

"Hm...it appears it is located in wizarding territory, as it falls under protective wards...and it's quite in the middle of nowhere if I'm being honest." She went on.

Draco and I both perked up at the sound of that.

"Within the country?" I questioned.