Chapter Ten

I avoided Draco inconspicuously for weeks, trying not to make it obvious to him or anyone else that that's what I was doing.

It's not that I couldn't handle seeing him. It's not that I couldn't handle seeing him and Pansy so opening flirty and touchy together now. It's not that I couldn't take walking in to my dorm and them conveniently forgetting to put up a stupid fucking silencing charm. None of that bothered me, because I knew that he was still thinking of me the whole fucking time. He tried to hide it now, but I knew. I could feel it.

The real reason I was avoiding him was that I was plotting. What was I going to do to blow Draco Malfoy out of the water? Knock him on his ass. Make him feel like an idiot.

I had become so focused on this stupid revenge plot, that I realized the last man that touched me was Draco, and that was almost a month ago. That's when I remembered good ole Theodore Nott.

Having sex with Theo wasn't going to be enough. Draco was apparently pretty informed when it came to Nott and I's sexual endeavors, and while it did piss him off immensely, he had learned how to control that rage.

I had to do something completely out of the ordinary to really show him who exactly he was messing with. But what could I do?

Then it hit me.

Draco and I were both known as "players". Heartbreakers, users, homewreckers. That's why he gave that bloody sweatshirt to Pansy. He knew that him "claiming" her would be so out of the ordinary for him, that it would make me react. It would get under my skin.

Fine. Fire with fire it is then.

This was going to be a first.

"Hey, Nott. Can I talk to you?" I clutched my books to my chest and made my voice have a hint of innocence in it.

"Yeah, of course." He threw his bag onto his shoulder.

We walked away from the group, as they stood in the corner of the courtyard, to somewhere it was quieter.

Draco sat leaning up against the wall with Pansy's back leaning against him as she sat between his legs. Gross. I never thought Draco would stoop as low as to proudly show such in your face public displays of affection. I thought he had some standards. Pansy was probably loving every minute of it though.

Draco's eyes flicked up to Theo as I approached him, and lingered as we walked away. Trap set.

"What's up?" Theo smiled, adjusting the strap on his bag.

"You're going to Hogsmeade tomorrow right?" I asked, looking up at his gorgeous chocolatey eyes.

"Yeah, of course. Why?" his scrunched his eyebrows slightly.

"Well...uh...I know this might seem a bit strange coming from me but...I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get something to eat together...just me and you...like a date." I had never done this before, hence the hesitation in my voice, but Theo liked timid. Made him feel manly.

"A date?" he raised his eyebrows at me. Now that he said it, I realized how crazy I sounded.

"I'm sorry...I just shouldn't have even brought it up..." I shook my head in embarrassment and went to walk the opposite direction, but he grabbed my hand quickly to stop me.

"Yes. I will go on a...date with you, but are you sure? Have you hit your head or something?" he lightly pinched my chin and turned my head side to side as if he were looking for some sort of head injury.

"I am sure." I giggled, pawing away playfully at his hand.

"Okay then...what about the Three Broomsticks? We can pull away from this lot whenever and just head over there." He suggested. His body language read like he was actually excited about this.