Chapter Eleven

ROSE POV

            His eyes looked gorgeous when it was just the moon lighting them up. They looked more blue than grey in that light. Like pools you could just swim in.

            What the fuck was I saying?

            "God, it's been way too long since I had a butter beer." Theo groaned after downing a whole glass of the overly sweet liquid. I preferred to sip.

            "I used to hate the taste of these bloody things but...they've grown on me." I shrugged as I took another small sip.

            Those chocolatey brown eyes landed on my lip. "You got a little..." he wiped away a bit of whipped cream that remained on my lip. Just like I wanted him to. Just like I knew he would.

            Those grey eyes were practically burning a hole in the side of my face. I had a feeling that he would follow us, and this was confirmed when immediately upon our arrival to Hogsmeade, Draco made a b-line for the Three Broomsticks with Pansy following closely behind.

            "Go on, love birds." I shouted to them teasingly.

            Draco and Pansy sat on the other side of the cramped pub in a booth by the window. Theo and I were tucked in a corner booth in the back.

            "Not going to lie, I was very surprised, and am still very surprised you wanted to go on a—a date." Theo raised his eyebrows at me a chuckled slightly.

            I shrugged casually, "I was surprised too. You know me...I'm not really the dating type but...I don't know. Something in me has just felt different lately." I put my hand on his arm and smirked endearingly.

            "You know what, you're right. I've been feeling the same way if I'm being honest. To be completely honest Rosie—I've felt this way for a long time." He gripped my thigh under the table.

            I felt a pang of something in my stomach. Guilt? Was that guilt? Nope. The feeling was gone just as fast as it came.

            Compartmentalization at its finest.

            Theo and I were fuck buddies and that's the furthest I could ever see it going, but I needed him to think we were more if I was really going to teach Malfoy that you don't fuck with an Eros.

            "Well then I'm glad you agreed." My eyes flickered between his eyes and his lips. One thing that Theo was very good at was kissing.

            But—so was Draco.

God, he was so good at it. I haven't kissed anyone like that before.

            Fuck, why was I thinking about him again?

            "I'm glad I did too." Theo wet his lips with a quick flick of his tongue. Appealing.

            We both carefully leaned in and let our lips meet gently in the middle, with Theo's broad hand pulling me closer by my hip.

            The impact kissing Theo had seemed to be severely diminished compared to the last time we had kissed. The memory of Draco's lips pressed to mine overshadowed the feeling of Theo's.

            I hadn't even let him in and that boy was already ruining things for me.

            As we pulled away, I saw that a smear of my skin toned lip stick I had dabbed on before dashing out the door, had made its way onto Theo's lips.