Chapter Fifty-Five

ROSE POV

"Rose, calm down." Leo stated.

I paced back and forth with a hand to my forehead.

"I can't be pregnant, Leo. This...this can't be happening. How did this happen?" I asked panicked.

"Well when a man and woman love each other—" Leo started.

"Not the time, Riley." I snapped, "Oh my god, this can't be happening now. This is not the time to bring a child into the world."

"You have to tell Draco." Leo stated.

"No," I whipped around to face him, "No, he will...he will get himself killed. He will freak out and try and send me off again. He can't know about this..." I sat on the edge of the bed and held my head in my hands.

"It's okay, Rosie." Leo rubbed my back comfortingly.

"No, Leo, it's not. It's—it's the worst possible timing. God damnit why am I such a fucking idiot?" I cried.

I was terrified. Terrified about that dream that still sat in my head.

The little girl with her father's eyes.

"Everything is going to be fine. We are going to go and kick some dark wizard ass, and when I will throw you the best baby shower the wizarding world has ever seen." He tried to lighten the mood, but all I felt was dread.

"Promise me you won't tell him. You know how he will get, and we have worked too hard to have him try and ditch to save me. Just...we have this plan, and we need to stick to it." I stated, grabbing his hand, "Promise you won't tell him."

Leo swallowed a lump in his throat and looked up from our hands.

"You're lucky I love you, you crazy bitch." Leo chuckled.

I shook my head with a pitiful laugh and pulled him into a hug.

"If it means anything, Rosie...I know you're going to be a wonderful mum. And despite his own horrible father figure, I know Draco is going to be a wonderful father."

"I love you too, Leo."

--------------

It was early. So early that the sun still hadn't come up. There was a chill in the air that made me feel nearly empty inside, but then again, maybe it was the anxiety.

We were suited up in all black to make it easier to disguise ourselves as we tried to make our way through Hogsmeade without being detected.

"You ready?" Draco asked me, grabbing my hands and squeezing them.

I could see the nerves in his eyes, and it made me feel sick.

But then again, maybe that was caused our child that was currently growing in my womb that he had no idea about.

It killed me not to tell him, but I knew I couldn't. He would become reckless. He would get himself killed. It would distract him.

So, I kept it between Leo and I.

"As ready as I can be." I sighed, squeezing his hands back.

He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and adjusted my hood up a bit to cover me more.

"Everyone stays together. Do not split up. I don't care what happens. We will not be leaving anyone behind. Is that clear?" Remus stated, looking at all of us sternly.