Chapter Sixty-Six

ROSE POV

"Please."

"No."

"Pllleeeaassee."

"Nooooo."

"Why not?"

"Because, Rose," Draco exclaimed, "I'm not going to have sex with you just to put you into labor."

"But whhhyyyy?" I whined like a child, frowning and pouting like one as well.

"One, because I don't think that would be enjoyable for either one of us with your current state. Two, I have to leave in...10 minutes for probation meeting and my healer appointment, and three, there are other ways that you can induce labor." Draco put his hands on his hips, already looking like a father having a stern talking to with their wild child.

So much for thinking that this child was going to show up a bit early. It turns out I must have a pretty comfy womb, because this baby refuses to leave it.

Forty. One. Weeks.

Forty one weeks this baby has been cooking in here, and now he or she has decided that instead of joining us all in the outside world, where we are very anxious to meet them, they would rather set up shop on my pelvic bones, and kick my ribs with the might of a thousand tiny horses.

The past two weeks we had done just about everything to evict this baby from my womb. Long walks multiple times a day. Spicy foods that made Blaise's eyes water when he tried it. Pineapple. Bouncing on one of those big stupid yoga balls.

Draco had made many a joke about this baby already being as stubborn as I was, which everyone else found hilarious, but I would love to see what they would think if it were them feeling like an alien was using their insides as a punching bag.

"The healers said that it was the most effective method to induce labor." I huffed, putting my hands on my hips as I watched him summon his jacket over, "You put him in there, now help me get him out."

Draco stopped what he was doing and raised an unimpressed eyebrow to me.

"Her." He stated.

"Him."

"Her."

"Him."

"Her."

"Draco, please." I whined, feeling another ache in my poor hip bones.

Draco waved me over and pulled me into a much-needed hug, kissing the top of my head as I continued to pout.

"Look, if nothing has changed by tomorrow, then maybe." He proposed.

"Really?" I perked up.

"Maybe." He reminded me, "Hell, listen to me, never did I ever think I would have you literally begging me to fuck you, and me replying with maybe." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Yeah usually, it was the other way around." I taunted, followed by him rolling his eyes.

"Come on," he summoned over my coat and put it over my shoulders, "Ginny and Hermione will show up here in half a second if we don't show up on time."

I frowned again.

"I am fully capable of handling myself for a few hours. I don't need babysitting." I grumbled.