Chapter Thirty-Two

ROSE POV

Why the fuck did I let that happen?

My mind was all jumbled again. Nothing was clear. Everything was a mess and the only thing I could think about was how nice it felt to feel his lips on mine again. All I could think about was how badly I wanted to feel his hands on my face again.

I didn't sleep. Well—not much. Only probably two hours combined. I couldn't stop replaying his words. Reliving the moment. The smell of cigarette smoke still in my nose and my lips still tingling from his kiss hours later.

Why did he kiss me? Why did he do this to me, and why did I want it to happen again?

Kissing Draco Malfoy felt like coming home.

I wish it didn't feel that way. I wish I didn't feel anything for that stupid blonde git, but I did. I felt everything for that stupid blonde git. My stupid blonde git.

"Did you sleep at all? I told you to get your beauty sleep, Rose! You look like the walking dead!" Celia threw her hands all around as she angrily spoke.

The tea room had been converted into a bridal suite for the day, and Celia so graciously invited Daphne, Pansy, and Millicent to get ready with us as well. So now I had four different people asking me what was wrong, and why I looked like I hadn't slept.

"I just didn't sleep well is all. This place is—haunting. One weird creak and I'm up for hours." I made excuses for myself, and I couldn't tell if they had believed me or not.

"Did something happen with your father?" Millicent asked.

"No."

"Did something happen with Leo?" Celia asked.

"No."

"Did something happen with that creepy looking man with the black eyes?" Daphne cringed, talking about Dolohov, who she had probably see during his short visit yesterday.

"No."

"Did something happen with Draco?" Pansy asked, and then everyone's eyes went wide as they fell on me.

I winced at his name, and could have sworn I got a whiff of his cologne, mixed with a little bit of cigarette smoke, which for some reason was incredibly attractive, but only on him.

"No." I emphasized as I stood up from my chair they were all surrounding.

"Where are you going?" Celia questioned as I walked toward the door.

"I forgot my shoes upstairs." I answered, waving them off behind me as I stepped out of the door.

As I was heading back to the tea room, I came face with someone who appeared to be looking for someone else, and as Theo's eyes landed on me, I knew it was me he was looking for.

"Rose." He said almost timidly.

"Theodore." I responded, clutching the box tighter to me.

"I know you are angry with me, and you have every right to be but...I just wanted to apologize for the things I said to you that night. You know I would never actually mean anything like that. I was just mad and said the first thing I knew would hurt you." He looked into my eyes, pleading with me to believe him. But all I could see were the eyes of a man that dragged me behind him like a limp rag doll. Dream Theo.