Chapter Twenty-Five

ROSE POV

I could hardly sleep. Couldn't even shut my eyes. All I could think about was us running. Laughing. His hand in mine. Our hearts pounding at the same time like they always seemed to do.

Did everyone's heart beat in time with one another? I don't think they did. I had never noticed anyone's heartbeat but his.

My own heartbeat reminded me of him.

"Good morning, everyone." I raised up from my bed and stretched my arms up.

"What?" Daphne rubbed her eyes.

"I said good morning." I replied with a smile and a shoulder shrug.

"But you sound cheery. You're never cheery." She squinted at me like she was making sure it was me she was talking to.

"I bet it's because of that new mystery boy she's been sneaking around with." Millicent scrunched her nose at me as she walked out of the bathroom towel drying her hair.

Daphne quirked up her eyebrows, "Spill, Eros."

"No." I giggled and rolled my eyes, draping my legs over the side of the bed.

"Why not?" Pansy perked up now, raking her fingers through her hair.

"Because..." I paused, "I've learned that keeping things private just makes things...more exciting." I jazzed my hands as I entered the bathroom.

"So secret sex equals better sex? Okay. Got it. I'll make a mental note." Daphne stated from the other room.

"We haven't even had sex." I poked my head back quickly, but long enough to see their eyes go wide.

"You've got a smile on your face this early in the morning and you're telling me it's not because you're getting good di—" Daphne said in bewilderment.

"Yep." I said cheerly. I closed the door and turned on the shower. As the warm water washed over me, I found myself not just humming, but singing again. It felt good to sing again.

"So, you're telling me this guy has got you grinning ear to ear and you haven't even seen each other's...goodies?" Daphne was still on the topic as we walked down to the common room.

"Who said we haven't?" a cheeky smirk quirked at my lips.

Millicent and Pansy gasped and giggled.

"And...?" Daphne insinuated. They all paused in front of me on the last stair.

The boys were already sitting and waiting for us. The blonde one noticed us immediately and smiled.

"Huge." I nodded slowly.

They shrieked and giggled, catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"Everything alright over there, ladies?" Blaise shouted over.

"Yes...nosey arse." Millicent grumbled jokingly, walking over and pecking Blaise on the cheek.

"I'm not nosey...I just like to be well informed." He slung an arm around her shoulders and then gave me a weird look.

"What?" I asked, checking to see if there was someone behind me.

"You look different." He squinted.

"It's called joy, Zabini, and let's not ruin it." Daphne patted his shoulder.