Chapter Seventy

ROSE POV

I was thankful that the rain had held off, but that the cloud coverage stayed as we walked amongst the flowers.

Leo was in his pram, and getting fresh air that didn't involve a walk out onto the back porch for the first time in two weeks.

It had occurred to me in these first few weeks of my son's life that Draco and I had essentially become hermits, never leaving the house except for Leo and I's first appointment at the healers, where Leo got his first round of shots.

I'm pretty sure Draco and I both cried during that one.

It felt nice to be out of the house. Draco and I both needed it.

"Alright Leo, my love," I carefully lifted him from the comfort of his pram and adjusted him into my arms, "There are a few more introductions we need to make."

Draco opened an umbrella just in case, and charmed it to hover over our heads as we sat on the small bench next to my mother's grave.

"This is your grandmother, Leo." I smiled softly, letting his small hand wrap around my finger, "This is my mummy."

Thinking about my mother getting to meet her grandson was something that I had dreams about. She would have been an amazing grandmother. Spoiling him, no doubt, with love, kisses to his pudgy cheeks, and admiration.

She would have loved to be a grandmother.

I thought the closest thing to Leo getting to know his grandmother would be to visit her grave. Although I had pictures of her all over the house, and her belongings in my closet, it felt nice to actually be this close to her.

I was afraid that talking to her like this would make Draco think I had officially gone mad, but he was fully on board with Leo meeting his grandmother this way.

Even though she isn't here, I'd like to think she was watching. Watching and thanking the stars that her sacrifice paid off, and her one true love now had her own child to cherish just as much.

"Your grandmother was an incredible person. Incredibly brave, might I add. And she had quite the sense of style." I spoke down to Leo softly as he blinked at me curiously, "She would have absolutely loved you."

----------

"This is your uncle Leo." I informed the cooing baby in my arms with a shaky sigh, "He's the one that your named after. He knew about you before even I did."

"Your cool gay uncle." Draco filled him with a small smile.

"Yes, your cool gay uncle," I smiled a bit, a single tear running down my face, "He's written you plenty of letters so I'm sure you'll learn much more about him when your older."

Draco put his arm around me and let my head rest on his shoulder as Leo continued with his sweet little noises.

"He was one of the funniest people I knew." Draco started again, "But I could never tell him that. It would have gone right to his head."

I laughed softly at that one, nodding in agreement.

"Your uncle and I always spent the summers figuring out ways to bother your father until he was about ready to tear his hair out." I reminisced, "Which I'm sure the two of us will be doing once you're old enough."

"I have no doubt about that." Draco frowned a bit, but it flipped upside down once his eyes met mine for a moment.

We sat in the silence for a few minutes, with only the sound of the wind and rustling leaves filling the air. The scent of flowers was faint but calming. It was utterly peaceful to say the least.