Chapter Thirty-Four

ROSE POV

If the highlight of my night wasn't finally getting the fuck over myself and getting my wizard back, it was definitely when I finally convinced him to come dance with me.

A glass or two of the fancy French wine and he agreed to dance to something other than the typical classical piano and violin mash up we were accustomed to dancing to together to.

Our hands interlocked, we cycled our arms around, moving around the rhythm of the music. A couple of the songs he recognized, and I could explain to you how happy that made me.

"I knew you liked my music." I almost pouted. I knew he liked the music, and his perfect lip synching of them just proved it.

"Don't ruin it, Eros." He shouted over the music, spinning me around carefully and pulling me back to him.

I rolled my eyes and swayed side to side quickly with him before he spun me around again.

Willow and Jacob danced around with their parents, and eventually caught sight of Draco and I dancing together.

Jacob looked timidly at me and then motioned for Draco to bend down so he would tell him something. The little boy mumbled something to Draco, and he smiled warmly.

"You think she's pretty?" Draco asked, pointing to me but looking at Jacob.

The little boy's cheeks went pink and he nodded rapidly.

"Me too, mate." Draco rustled up his hair and chuckled.

My feet started to ache the longer we danced around, but I didn't dare take my shoes off. That would be looked down upon.

The songs started to get slower as the night went on. The older crowd had started made their exit through via the Floo Network, and the younger crowd was starting to yawn and lay their heads down on the tables.

"If your feet hurt, just take the things off." Draco mumbled by my ear as we swayed back and forth to the music.

I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes, "Do you know the tongue lashing I would get from my mother if she were to see me barefoot at a formal event? She would have my neck."

He wrapped his arm tighter around my waist to hold more of my weight for me, alleviating the pressure on my feet in these heels.

Such a gentlemen.

"Ah! Oh my god I love this!" A voice squealed from behind me. I didn't even need to turn around to see that it was Celia.

Draco smiled warmly to her and gave me another squeeze.

I missed the smell of his cologne.

"Do you happen to know what time it is?" Blaise peeped his head over, still swaying side to side with Millicent.

"Uh—around 1:30." Silas checked his watch.

"1:30? Christ. No wonder my feet hurt." I groaned, putting my forehead to Draco's chest.

"I know. It seems everything will be dying down by two. Narcissa said that the elves need to start clean up by then in order for everything to be prepared for brunch tomorrow." Celia stated, looking up and around at all of the décor around us.

"Bruch? Oh lord. At what time?" Leo groaned.

"Don't sound so excited Leo—it's at 10. And I expect you all to be there. Narcissa wanted me to specifically tell you all that she made enough of those little chocolate mint candies for the lot of you—" Celia pointed to all of us with a slender finger.