Chapter Seventy-Two

ROSE POV

The next few months could only be described in two words.

Total chaos.

Draco's final day of probation was in July of the following year, and we had both agreed that having a fall wedding was something we were set on, giving us a little over a year to plan the wedding of my dreams.

I mean...our dreams. 

Narcissa was thrilled. Not only to see that her son had picked a pretty impressive rock to put on my finger, but that I would be needing her expertise in planning this fairytale wedding I had envisioned in my head.

Work with T.H.E.O skyrocketed once we were able to get things organized, revised, and ready to present to the ministry for approval.

Hermione and I had taken the reigns on T.H.E.O, after I presented her with all of the facts about how muggle-born discrimination was still alive and well within the laws and regulations of the wizarding world. She also felt very strongly about making sure that those being wrongly trashed in the media were given the proper protections, mostly due to her strong dislike for a certain beetle.

In order to work freely within the political, social, economic, and magical markets of the wizarding world, our organization needed approval from the aptly named Approval Board at the ministry, which consisted of political heads, social justice advocates, economic powerhouses, and Minister Shacklebolt himself.

Preparing our case for that was rough, considering the basis for the formation of this organization mainly had to do with the flaws in the governmental structure that the members of the board were all currently backing. If we got approved, that would be introducing a whole new set of challenges for them, but hopefully they would see the end goal in all of this.

We wanted honor, protection, and equality to be something that not only the members of the wizarding world supported, but the laws we lived under reflected as well.

As time went on, more and more smear campaigns continued to come out, targeting both the villains and the heroes of the war. News sources had caught wind of T.H.E.O, and accused us all of glorifying a killer, committing treason, and that what Hermione and I were doing was basis for stripping of our Order of Merlin awards.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

I didn't know Granger had such fire in her, but when she saw that Rita Skeeter had taken to writing about her like she did our 4th year, I swore I saw flames in her eyes.

Her and I had to stop Draco, Blaise, Harry, Ron, and even Ginny from showing up to the Daily Prophet's headquarters and giving the snooty reporter a piece of their mind, although Leo loved to hear all of the drama, just like his namesake.

Seeing Draco and Blaise speaking wildly with their hands never failed to send him into a fit of glorious giggles that always seemed to ease everyone's tension.

Blaise's favorite past time was trying to come up with new ways to make Leo laugh. This week's tricks that made Leo nearly choke with laughs was sneezing, peek-a-boo, and Blaise pretending that he was a bat with blanket wings.

One of my favorite new things that he did was his "daddy face," a command that Blaise, of course, had taught him as soon as Leo was old enough to mimic facial expressions. Every time Leo did this face, it was like I was looking directly was Draco's twin. He had the iconic Draco Malfoy pout and stare down before he could even walk.