Chapter Thirty-One

DRACO POV

I almost kissed her in the kitchen. I kind of wish I did, but I'm glad I didn't. She almost looked like she wanted to kiss me too, but I didn't want to...force anything.

I wish she kissed me.

"Draco dear. Are you dressed?" there was a light tap on my door before my mother let herself in as I adjusted my tie in the mirror.

"Oh, that suit looks quite handsome on you, dear." My mother gloated over me; hands folded in front of her as she stared smiling at me through the mirror.

"Thank you, mother." I replied, turning around to face her.

She wore a deep green blouse with a long black skirt that went loose around her mid-calf, and about every kind of flashy, but classy, jewelry that matched.

"Make sure you wear the shoes you are to wear tomorrow. The elves just recently waxed the floors so we need to ensure there will be no slippery situations to worry about." She chuckled slightly to herself.

I looked down to my shoes and shifted side to side, "I think I'll be good."

"Alright well...I just wanted to make sure you weren't dallying. Your father doesn't seem to be in the best of moods tonight either, so I thought I'd warn you of that. Please do not press him. I would like to keep the air light for the rehearsal." She added with a smile as she left the room gracefully.

I scoffed. Of course, he wasn't in a good mood. When was he ever?

After a few minutes of filling time, I decided it was a good enough time to head down to dinner, as the smell of something delicious started to fill the air.

Just as I stepped out, the subtle clicking of heels on the floor in front of me caught my attention.

Dragon leather. I would recognize the sound anywhere.

Rose closed her door at the same time I did, and now we stood, staring directly at one another, and I took everything in me not to gawk.

She had on a silk dress, one of those "slip dresses" I've heard them talking about before. The neck like was cowl, and draped slightly, showing off her gorgeous collarbones, and a necklace that undoubtedly belonged to her mother.

Her hair was done up today into a dreamy looking braid, with a few loose pieces in front of her face. She was so effortlessly beautiful it was almost frustrating to look at her without wanting to ogle.

What took me back was how well the color of the dress complimented her. I mean...every color complimented her, but this was different. I was so used to seeing her in black and green and gray, that seeing her now, in red, had me nearly ready to drool.

"Hi." She swallowed. Her eyes flitted over me, and I think she was admiring me just as much as I was admiring her.

"Uh—hi." I snapped out of my gaze, shaking the thoughts of touching her out of my head.

"Wonderful timing!" A voice chirped from down the hall, and I internally cursed whoever it was.

Parkinson and the rest of the gang came clicking down the hall, cheery and unaware of the agonizing sexual tension between Rose and I right now.

We walked down to the dining room, following the delicious smell of the feast that I'm sure was awaiting us. Hopefully those little cakes were somewhere on the table.