Chapter Forty-Four

ROSE POV

"Ms. Eros and Master Draco are needed in the drawing room immediately by Master Lucius." A small, squeaky voice stated from the door.

"Bloody hell, Mippy!" Draco exclaimed, "You scared the hell out of me."

"Mippy is sorry, Master Draco." The elf looked as if she were about to cry, and Draco's face softened.

"It's okay, Mippy. We'll—" he glanced quickly at me below him and sighed in frustration, "We'll be there in a moment. Thank you."

Mippy nodded and snapped out of the room.

I frowned and groaned myself, "Why?"

"I don't know but I'd rather not keep him waiting." He kissed my forehead quickly and rolled off of me, pulling me up with him.

We quickly threw on some more acceptable clothes and made our way to the drawing room, stealing a few more kisses before we walked in.

"Thank you for joining us." Lucius's eyes followed us all the way into the room.

"About time," Blaise mumbled to me as I made my way next to me, and I elbowed his arm quickly.

A quick scan around the room and I noticed many more faces were present. Young faces. None of our parents were here, except for Draco's father.

In the room, I recognized our usual group, but there were many new ones.

Adrian, Graham, Marcus, Cassius, and a few others I recognized from school.

"What are they doing here?" I whispered to Draco.

"They—uh—took the mark." He mumbled.

"When?" I blinked in surprise.

"The night you fainted." He replied, looking slightly uncomfortable at the mention of that night.

"Today, with the help of Severus and Bellatrix, you all will begin training." Lucius stated coolly.

"Training?" I whispered to Blaise. His face looked somewhat serious as he shrugged.

"Considering the inevitable, we have determined that it is in the Dark Lord's best interest that his youngest followers be trained and prepared to battle what is to come. With their help, your skills will the honed, your abilities sharpened, and your instincts tested. You will meet everyone morning at 8, in this room for training. The utmost perfection is expected from you all, and it will be achieved. Isn't that right, Severus?" Lucius turned to the greasy haired main.

"Yes." He answered simply, scanning the room slowly.

"Wonderful. All I ask is that you don't destroy my home or kill each other." Lucius gave us all a warning look, "Proceed."

He turned and walked out of the room, and our two teachers stepped to the front.

Snape and Bellatrix.

Oh joy.

"Today...you all will be dueling one another. Only for practice, of course. No curses. No major bodily harm. Is that clear?" Snape stated, followed by a frown from Bellatrix.

We all nodded.

"Montague, Nott, you're up." Snape pointed to them individually and then pointed a thumb behind him, "Middle of the room. Bow to your opponent."