Chapter Forty-Nine

ROSE POV

            I took Dolohov's robes and put them on quickly, stealing his wand as well and sliding it up my sleeve.

            His robes reeked of death.

            Draco held onto my hand tightly as we made our way back out of the maze.

            He was alive.

            Holding my hand, right in front of me, my wizard, my Draco...he was alive.

            "Don't say anything. Just show your mark if anyone asks. Keep your mask on and your hair in the hood, okay?" Draco stated frantically, checking back to make sure I was still real.

            "You can talk to the others. Using the communication spell. They can reply back now." I informed.

            "You taught them all occlumency?" Draco whispered as we got closer to the end of the maze.

            I nodded.

            "Brilliant little witch." He grinned, squeezing my hand once more before abruptly dropping it as he heard someone else approaching.

            "Malfoy! Greengrass! Did you find her? Where did she go?" the she-Carrow bustled up to us, he-Carrow close behind.

            "She pied off Dolohov and took off again. Back towards the house." Draco stated, using a darker voice now to appear as if he were still angry at the world.

            "Greengrass, go fetch his body and bring it to the drawing room. Malfoy, you come with us. Your father needs you to identify the prisoners." He-Carrow waved Draco over.

            "She knew them just about as much as I did. Don't you want to be accurate in your identification?" Draco squinted at them slightly, but I'm afraid he was coming off a bit too defensive.

            Both Carrow's now looked a touch more suspicious.

            "Zabini is already up there. You'll be finalizing his identification before we summon the Dark Lord." The he-Carrow stated, narrowing his eyes on the both of us.

            "You look rather nervous, little Malfoy. Why is that?" she tilted her head to the side slightly, trying to intimidate.

            "If you can't tell, my house is being destroyed. I think anyone in their right mind would be a little distressed." Draco hissed, looking the brother and sister up and down.

            "There's a small branch to your left. I'll knock them a part, you go for her. I've got the brother." A familiar voice stated in my head.

            August.

            When the fuck did he learn how to reply?

            "Where are you?" I replied, darting my eyes around.

            "Don't fucking worry about where I am. Just kill the swot so we can get inside." August ordered back.  

            "Take off your mask, Greengrass." She ordered, squinting her eyes at me.

            "For fuck sake...what authority do either one of you have to tell her what to do? Last time I checked, you two are nearly on the outs with the Dark Lord. Failing to outsmart house elves...really?" Draco scoffed.

            Both Carrow's scowled, and flames of rage and embarrassment flared in their eyes.

            Amycus Carrow pointed her wand directly at my face defiantly, "Take the fucking mask off or I'll do it for you."