Chapter Sixty

ROSE POV

Narcissa immediately went to work organizing and decorating the house, as well as stocking the fridge and pantry with anything and everything she could think of.

Draco and I just let her do her thing, knowing that her spirits were being lifted with every picture frame she hung on the wall, and decorative pillow she put on the couch.

Blaise, Millicent, Daphne, and Pansy all came over to see the house as well, and Draco was more than thrilled to give everyone who came a very enthusiastic house tour.

He was his mother's son.

At around dinner time, an owl landed on the ledge of an open window in the kitchen, holding in its mouth an envelope with the immediately recognizable seal of the Ministry.

It was addressed to me, and I assumed that it was having to do with collecting my belongings from the Eros Estate.

But when I opened up the contents of the envelope, I was met with something else.

Dear Mrs. Rosalie Eros,

You have received this letter to inform you that, according to our preliminary records, your name has been included in the will of Leonardo Riley.

Reading of the will of Mr. Leonardo Riley will take place tomorrow morning at 9am at the Ministry for Magic's Documentation and Records department, located on floor 8.

If you are unable to attend, please contact the Ministry immediately so that a future meeting can be scheduled to ensure that all that is stated in the will is carried out precisely.

If you decide not to attend, the items left to you will go to Mr. Riley's next of kin, effectively becoming their property.

We are so sorry for your loss, Mrs. Malfoy. May his soul rest in peace.

Sincerely,

The Department of Documentation and Records

Damnit, now I was crying.

"Is everything alright, Rose?" Narcissa asked, setting down whatever was in her hands and walking to me, examining my teary eyes.

"I—um...Leo had a will and..." I tried to get out without my voice cracking, but I failed once his name left my lips.

I broke into a small sob, and Narcissa wrapped her arms around my shoulders, gently stroking my hair to comfort me.

Draco and the others came back down the stairs, laughing about something that Daphne had just said, when they saw the scene in the kitchen.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Draco immediately went from 0 to 100 once he saw his moth with his arms around me, and saw my shoulders jump a bit with a sob.

"A letter from the Ministry." Narcissa stated in a cool voice, "Leonardo has a will."

I felt the energy radiating off of Draco drop at Leo's name was mentioned.

The whole room went still, and I effectively felt like such a mood killer. Just as spirits were up, I sent them crashing down without even meaning to.