Chapter Twenty-Eight

ROSE POV

Ginny and I stumbled back up the stairs and almost tripped as we got into the main hallway, which in our honey-glazed brains, was the funniest fucking thing ever.

I felt like I was on top of the fucking world right now. Whatever was in this potion was exactly what I needed. What we both needed.

The little Weasley wasn't that bad. Hell, she wasn't bad at all. She's actually funny and just as reckless as I am once she drops that whole timid school girl act.

Arms looped around each other's and tears coming down both of our faces, from laughter for once, I wearing her Gryffindor sweatshirt and her wearing my Slytherin one, we turned to head back into the Room, thinking we had lost the rag-tag bunch of dummies trying to find us.

And we were wrong.

"Oh—shit." I jumped as we turned to see the eyes of that rag tag bunch of dummies looking back at us, frozen like they didn't want to scare us away.

"Uh oh." Ginny giggled.

We went to turn the other way, and my lord it could not have been more ironic.

On the opposite of the hall stood two Ravenclaw girls. The two Ravenclaw girls Ginny and I had been talking shit about all night, directly down the hall from the two boys we had been talking shit about all night.

Katya and Cho.

Draco and Harry.

Ginny and I slowly turned our faces towards one another, eyes wide and mouths a gape.

"What kind of hell are we in right now?" I shook my head slowly, slowly letting my laughter come back as I realized how unfortunately ironic this whole thing was.

"I don't know but I'm certainly not drunk enough for it." Ginny replied, her shoulder starting to shake as she laughed.

Nobody moved but Ginny and I. We just continued to laugh, up high on our cloud where no one could hurt us. At least not for another 30 minutes until the potion wore off. Who knows what would happen then?

"Get lost, losers. We've got a half hour left of euphoria and we don't plan on wasting it." I waved off the large group of Slytherins and Gryffindors.

"Euphoria? How'd you get a euphoria potion?" Granger chimed in suddenly.

"I thought you were supposed to be the brightest witch of our age, Granger. Who the fuck else would be dealing out these wonderful little doozys, huh?" I slurred my speech slightly.

"The Twins...duh." Ginny rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"Of-fuckin-course." Ron slapped his arms against his sides and shook his head.

"And you two—" I whipped my head the opposite direction to look at the girls on the other side of the hall. I lost my train of thought as I looked at both of the confused faces, so I just did what I thought of first, and stuck my middle finger up, with Ginny quickly following.

"Ginny!" Ron gasped.

"Oh, shut it, Ron." Ginny groaned. I gave her a high five for that.

We love bad ass Ginny.

The two girls scoffed and quickly scurried away, leaving us with only one side of the hall to deal with now.