Chapter Seventy-Eight

NARRATOR POV

The castle was much bigger than Leo could have ever imagined. It looked absolutely massive to him, and was already thinking of all the ways that he was going to get lost trying to find his classes.

He immediately recognized the aspects of the castle that he heard his parents talking about.

The Whomping Willow, which they told him to stay as far away from as he could.

The Astronomy Tower, which was rather high up, just like his Uncle Blaise had said

When he walked into the Great Hall, he found himself taken back by just how glorious it really was.

He had seen pictures in books and in old photos of his parents, but he could have never imagined just how spectacular seeing it for the first time was.

He had grown up around magic his entire life, and thought he had seen it all, but there was something different about the Great Hall. Something about the air that seemed charged with something special.

Maybe it was the fact that it wasn't technically his first time being in this hall. The last time he was in here, he was in his mother's stomach. It was the day his mother and father said that he saved his mother's life. The day that his uncle Leo and uncle Theo passed away saving them.

It was crazy for him to think about. That his parents were heroes of the war that he had heard so much about. I mean...his parents were on chocolate frog cards, and he thought that was the coolest thing ever.

All unsorted students were ushered to one side of the hall, and Teddy gave Leo a reassuring thumbs up from the Hufflepuff table.

Leo really had no idea where he would be sorted.

Could be Slytherin, because of his parents. It was in his blood, wasn't it?

Could be Gryffindor, because he was raised around tons of them, and surely their bravery had to rub off on him at some point.

Could be Ravenclaw, because again, both of his parents were quite smart, and they were always saying something about him being a genius.

Could be Hufflepuff, because Teddy is his closest friend, and that has to mean something, right?

He stood close with his new friends from the train, and waited anxiously to be sorted into the house he would be a part of for the next seven years of his life.

One thing he did know was that no matter what house he was put in, his parents would be just as excited. He really couldn't wait to write home already, and tell his parents about all of the cool things he had seen at Hogwarts already.

Headmistress McGonagall recognized Leo immediately.

"My goodness...you look just like your father." She piped up, looking at Leo like she had traveled back in time.

"People do say I look just like him," Leo started, "Everything but the eyes."

"Ah yes..." she took a closer look, "Those surely are your mother's eyes."

One by one, each of the first-year students began to be sorted.

"RAVENCLAW!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"SLYTHERIN!"