Chapter Forty-Six

DRACO POV

It was brutal.

They attacked the Manor in an effort to rescue the prisoners that remained.

Bodies littered the floor of my childhood home, and that bloody fucking snake ate them up as a five-course meal.

I felt sick.

There was no word on the others.

The ones that left.

I didn't even know where Rose was, and I was slowly starting to lose my mind.

"What is taking them so long? Do we need to join them?" I asked my father in a low tone.

"Maybe there is none of them left." Greyback shrugged nonchalantly.

I nearly vomited.

"Don't be ridiculous. You think that those silly little blood traitors could have matched up against some of our most skilled duelers? I am sure they will be returning soon enough." My father spat back.

My hands began to tremble.

Where is she?

Snaps of apparition broke the thick silence, and we all rushed to the source of it as a crowd.

The first person I saw was Severus.

He had a deep laceration on his leg and what appeared to be burned clothing. The smell of charred flesh filled the air as soon as they landed.

I pushed around the crowd, looking for my witch, growing more and more anxious with every face I saw that wasn't hers.

That's when I saw Blaise.

He was on the floor on his hands and knees.

Blood covered his hands, and his shoulders shook with silent sobs.

"B-Blaise, Blaise! Where is she?" I knelt down next to him, pulling him up to a seat position.

His face was bloodied as well, streaked with tears.

"Answer me! Where is she? Where is Rose?" I yelled, grabbing handfuls of his robes and shaking him in an effort to get an answer out of him.

His face only broke more as his eyes landed on mine, and my blood ran cold.

"No...n-no she's not. No! Rose isn't..." I shook with disbelief.

"Sh-she killed...Y-Yaxley...to save G-Ginny Weasley." He blubbered out, "Dolohov...he saw her do it and—"

"No...no, no, no, he didn't—" I yelled through my teeth, refusing to believe what he was saying.

"He killed her."

And just like that, my world stopped.

Every inch of me went numb.

I no longer had a sense of reality as the world went silent around me.

It was like everything started to move in slow motion as the realization hit me like a curse to the heart.

Rose was dead.

Tears rolled down my face, but I was too shocked to sob.