Chapter Eighteen

ROSE POV

I woke up the next morning to our room being a complete mess. Pillows and blankets were strewn about everywhere, along with empty bottles of whatever liquor Pansy managed to get, shoes, and candy wrappers.

Seems the boys didn't feel like crashing at their own place, as they had made makeshift beds on the couches and on the floor.

My eyes immediately went to Pansy's bed, where I expected to find Draco. Where I hoped I wouldn't find Draco.

And I didn't.

Another sweep around the room and I could see that he was on one of the couches, looking very uncomfortable, as his legs were too long for the short cushions. He did look somewhat peaceful though.

Theo laid opposite him on the other couch. It had been a battle to get him off of my bed. Even if Draco and I weren't test driving this little arrangement, I wouldn't have wanted him in my bed...not after that night.

Snap. Thud.

I shuddered at the thought and threw the covers off of me.

A shower sounded wonderful right now. I plucked some clothes from my dresser before quietly slipping into the bathroom, making sure to lock it behind me.

The water was intoxicatingly comforting. I could stand in here all day, basking in the warmth coming from the shower head above me.

The smell of apples filled the air as I washed my hair with this stupid little shampoo Pansy got one time in Hogsmeade that was said to be laced with love potion. She insisted it didn't work. That she wasn't smelling what she should be.

I'm pretty sure it's working.

I closed my eyes, just letting the water hit my skin as I let my mind drift aimlessly, and of course, it brought me back to the last shower stall I was in.

My hips were dotted with a couple of bruises from his hands. His fingertips left bruises on me. Not bad bruises. Possessive bruises that served as a reminder of the amazing feeling he left me with.

I gently raised my fingertips to my lips to find them still slightly swollen after being on his so feverishly. If I closed my eyes and focused enough, I smell his cologne and his peppermint breath. I could feel his teeth on my collarbone and his hands on my thigh. I could hear his voice in my ear.

"Please, baby."

A shiver wracked my body despite the hot water still raining down on me.

I needed to compose myself, and I needed to get him back for that little sugar quill incident yesterday. A few ideas popped into my head before a knock at the door startled me.

Quickly, I turned off the shower and wrapped my towel around myself as a second knock sounded at the door.

"You are hogging the hot water, again." Daphne scowled. Her dark hair was wild from sleep, and the bags under her eyes were prominent.

"Beauty takes time, Greengrass. I'll be out in a moment." I rolled my eyes and shut the door, locking it again.

I had just wrapped my hair in my towel when another knock sounded on the door.

"Daphne, I just told you I'd be out in a second...you impatient bitch." I mumbled that last part.

Knock. Knock. Knock.