Chapter Forty-Eight

THREE MONTHS LATER...

ROSE POV

"Are you even trying? Come on, August. Fred and George both are able to reply back to me, and they couldn't even occlude three weeks ago." I rolled my eyes.

It was a rainy day, as usual, and August and I were arguing at the surface, as usual.

August seemed to be the only one struggling to obtain from of the new skills I had been teaching over these past few months. It was always him I was having to spend extra time working with. A wizard of his age and caliber should have been able to figure these things out quickly.

It was odd.

"It has to be something you're doing. There is no fucking reason I shouldn't be able to do the stupid mind—talk—thing. It's stupid anyways." August scoffed, throwing his hands about.

"You only think it's stupid because you can't do it. Try it again." I urged him on.

"Now speak." I projected into his brain.

His face focused, like he was trying with all of his might to reply, and just as I thought he was about to make a breakthrough, Harry appeared out of nowhere.

"August...come take a look at the maps, will you?" Harry waved him over.

I huffed, and rolled my eyes.

"All I hear about are these bloody maps. When am I going to be allowed to see them?" I asked, following Harry and August back into the bunker.

"As soon as I can trust you." August replied.

"So never?" I questioned.

"Glad you're finally catching on." August smiled condescendingly before turning the corner to head into the study.

"Would you like an apple dear? One of the owls delivered them this morning from the bunker up North. The color is absolutely stunning, is it not?" Molly Weasley shined an apple on her apron and tossed it over to me.

In my hands was a shiny green apple.

My chest ached.

Today was 6 months since Draco died. Every day hurt just as much as the last. I missed him with every fiber of my being. I kept his rings on my finger, hoping and wishing on every star I saw that I would see him again one day.

I hadn't seen one star in the sky since mine were taken away from me.

Maybe that's why I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be when deciding to fight with the Order.

I wasn't afraid of dying.

I was already dead inside, but had a good way of hiding it.

If I were to die, would I see Draco again?

Was heaven real? Because if so, I imagine that's where Draco is. Waiting for me to come back to him like he begged me to the night he died.

The night we died.

Molly Weasley has basically adopted me at this point. I even slip up and call her mum sometimes.

My mother would have loved Molly.

God, I miss my mother.

Molly was the warm hug I had been searching for my entire life. She was the mother my mother wished she could be, if it weren't for the pureblood patriarchy, and the noseless bastard that ruined my family and my childhood.