Chapter Twenty-One

ROSE POV

My heart felt a little less icy with Leo here now. I didn't feel as pent up or wound up. He was going to be my outlet for all of the bullshit that goes on in my life. He was going to keep me from going completely fucking crazy.

"Shit...what time is it?" I jumped as I caught a glance at the moon outside.

"Um...three minutes until one if my watch is correct." Leo tapped on the face of his old watch. It had belonged to his father, but was passed down to him when he turned 18.

"Fuck...I have to go." I huffed, pushing myself off the couch.

"Where do you have to run off to at this late of an—oh I see." His look of confusion broke into grin, "Dick appointment?"

I smacked his arm. "Do you think I would let him get it that easily? Come on, Riley, you know me better than that." I slipped my shoes back on my feet quickly.

"I know, I know. Remember what I said about beating his ass though. Because I will." He pointed at me as I approached the stairs.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I rolled my eyes playfully and jogged up the stairs.

Draco was going to be pissed that I was late but...oh well. He could deal with it.

I barely crossed the threshold into the tower when he pushed the door closed with a loud slam.

"Took you long enough." He grumbled, leaning against the door now. Hands in his pockets. Hair wavy and sort of messy.

Control yourself, Rose.

"Sorry, I was talking with—" I started, somewhat out of breath from the stair climbing.

"Leo...I know. I saw you two in the common room." His eyes fell to the floor and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"We were just catching up." I stated.

He took a few steps toward me and motioned towards the dusty old chairs to the right of me.

"Sit down." He instructed.

"Why?" I replied.

"Must you meet everything with stubbornness? Sit." He motioned with two fingers over to the chairs he was walking towards.

I begrudgingly obliged, carefully sitting down on the seat adjacent to his.

"Why have you summoned me up here, Malfoy?" I crossed my legs and folded my hands on the arm of the chair.

"I want you to end it with Nott." He said flat out.

"No shit. I know that." I widened my eyes, waiting for something I didn't know.

"Soon...like tomorrow soon. I can't stand to hear him talk about the two of you anymore. It makes me sick." He tensed his jaw and his eyes squinted as he thought.

"You told me I needed to wait until he got the hint and broke it off. What happened to that bright idea?" I crossed my arms and leaned back in my chair.

"I changed my mind." He barked. He closed his eyes as he realized that the words came out a lot harsher than he expected, "I changed my mind."

"Don't you think it would look weird that I break up with him the day after Pansy breaks up with you?" I sighed at the sloppiness.