Chapter Fifty-One

ROSE POV

We were so tired after the shower; we didn't even bother trying to find pajamas to throw on before we fell into bed.

Skin-to-skin, our limbs tangled together, holding each other as close as humanly possible, as if someone was going to try and pry us away.

We held each other like we never intended on letting go.

I even found myself waking myself up on purpose to make sure that he was still there, and this wasn't all some dream that I forged for myself.

A few times our eyes would meet in the middle of the night.

I had a feeling he was making sure I wasn't just a figment of his imagination as well.

"You swear you're not a dream?" he would whisper.

"Swear." I would whisper back, before we both fell back into sleep.

A deep, peaceful, dreamless sleep.

--------------

I woke to Draco gently tucking hair behind my ear and kissing my cheek. I hummed softly in comfort as his fingertips grazed my skin. His skin was warm against mine, and made me feel even more at home.

"Good morning." I whispered sleepily; my eyes still closed as I nestled into him more.

"Good morning." His voice was raspy and thick with sleep, making him sound all the more attractive. He slipped arm under my torso and pulled me fully into his chest.

"What time is it?" I yawned, nuzzling my head into him.

"It could be 5 in the morning or 5 in the afternoon. All I know is that I would rather not leave this bed." He said hoarsely, kissing my forehead.

I hummed again at the contact of his lips.

"Sounds good to me." I smiled, turning my head up to capture his lips.

Now he was the one humming.

"Let me just...let me just look at you for a second." Draco stated, pulling away from my lips and tilting my head up with a hand on my chin.

"Why?" I grinned like a child.

His eyes scanned over my face in pure admiration. Like he was in awe of what he was seeing.

God, he knew how to make me feel beautiful.

"I'm just still not over the fact that you're real." He whispered, eyes still traversing my face. "You're real."

He kissed the tip of my nose quickly.

"You're real and you're alive," kiss to one cheek, "And you're here," kiss to the other cheek, "And you're with me." Quick peck on my lips.

He repeated himself as he peppered small, ticklish little kisses down my neck and my jaw, occasionally traveling up to my ear.

"I love you," He kissed my lips again, "I love you," another kiss, "I really fucking love you."

Another kiss.

"I love you too, Draco." I giggled, twirling my fingers in his hair.

"I mean it. I don't know if I can spend another second apart from you. These past 6 months have been the absolute worst of my life, and I never...ever want to fall asleep or wake up again if you're not in the bed right next to me with that...tired little grin you do, and those little hums you make when you're happy. I want these green eyes to be the first thing I see every fucking morning, Rose."