Chapter Seventy-Three

ROSE POV

"In conclusion, our main goal with this organization is to identify weak spots within our society and correct them, to advocate for those who are not equipped with the proper voice, and to unite the wizarding world so that no such war should ever come about again." I finished with a breezy but confident smile, just how Hermione and I had rehearsed.

It's times like these where I wished I could occlude my nerves away, but I had done away with such coping mechanisms a long time ago. If I wanted to face the real world, I needed to face it head on.

I think I may have been more nervous than Hermione at this moment, which was a rare site to see.

"And what, may I ask, does do the letters stand for again?" Gromit Whickers, the head Warlock in the Wizengamot asked, peaking over his thin glasses.

"The Honor and Edify Organization. T.H.E.O for short." Hermione informed with a polite nod.

There was a bit more silence as the members of the board looked over the detailed and high organized presentations that Hermione and I had prepared.

"Now, am I safe to say that this organization is named as such for more than on reason?" a woman, Romany Cheers, head of the Witch and Wizard Equality Coalition, that fought for equal pay and treatment in workplaces, asked.

I had a feeling I knew where this was going, but Hermione and I already decided that it was best to be transparent.

Hermione was hesitant about the name at first, but that's because she didn't whole Theo's whole story. Once I had explained everything to her, she was a crying mess, and decided then and there that the name of the organization was more fitting than she once believed.

"Yes, that is correct." I replied kindly, "The person that inspired not only the name, but the organization itself, is Theodore Nott Jr."

There was some whispering between the board members for a few seconds.

"Mrs. Malfoy, I'm sure you are aware of how the public views Mr. Nott...correct?" a man in a navy colored robe asked, and I immediately didn't like his tone of voice. He was speaking to me like I was stupid.

"I am very aware of how the media has created a certain imagine of Theodore that they have sold as fact, yes." I replied, "But I assure you, I would not be so eager to honor him if what they were saying was remotely close to being true."

"He is a war criminal, Mrs. Malfoy. A murderer that honoring would be considered treasonous." Whickers spat with disgust.

"Now, now, let's get back on track here." Shacklebolt tried to mediate, but I was in no mood to be silenced in this moment.

This was exactly why I wanted to create this organization. So people like Theo would have a legacy that was true to who they were as people, as heroes, not as half-assed rumors that sold newspapers.

"Mr. Whickers, as I'm sure you do, I read the newspaper every morning. As I feed my son, I read over the headlines that continue to tarnish the name of the man that singled handedly save my son and I's life." I started, staring directly at the man who was actively trying to make me back down with his glare, "I've known Theodore Nott since I was eleven years old, and never once in that time did he even hurt a fly—"

"The list of his murders is still growing to this day!" another cut me off.

"Please! Let Mrs. Malfoy finish," Shacklebolt put up a hand before turning his gaze back to me, "You may continue."