Chapter Fifty-Four

ROSE POV

After nearly an hour of insisting we dance, Draco and I agreed, solely to keep Celia, Ginny, and Hermione at bay.

"No stupid song though. Something good." I eyed Celia as Draco helped me stand.

"I've got it!" Leo shot up and bolted to the music player unexpectedly.

Draco sighed and took my hand, shaking his head slightly as the three girls rapidly clapped their hands and cheered.

We stepped into a larger empty space that Fred, Leo, and George had already christened as the dance floor, and waited for Leo to pick whatever song he was so excited for us to dance to.

"I'm expecting some god-awful love song." Draco stated just to me.

"Most definitely something we will both dislike, or some type of preppy little number he heard on the muggle radio—"

I was cut off as soon as the sounds of familiar piano notes started to fill the air.

My face immediately fell into a pout as Draco and I both turned to see Leo throw two thumbs up in the air.

"Do you remember this song?" I asked, looking up slightly at my husband.

"Of course, I do." He huffed a small laugh.

It was the song I sang at Celia and Silas's wedding. The song I sang before I told Draco I loved him.

Turning Page.

We swayed and stepped to the sentimental melody of the song as Draco poorly tried to sing the lyrics of it in my ear while simultaneously trying to contain his laughter.

It felt nice to laugh with him again. To dance with him again. To see his smiling face as he twirled me around or dipped me suddenly, making me gasp and hold onto him tighter.

After we danced, Draco pulled me onto his lap as we ate the delicious cake that Molly prepared.

I tried shoving a piece of the cake into his face, but he beat me to it, mashing icing all over my lips and a bit on my nose, which he kissed off quickly.

With my arms wrapped around his shoulders loosely and his arms wrapped around my waist, we sat and swayed lightly to the music that continued to play.

"Congratulations you two." Andromeda came from behind the couch and wrapped her arms around the both of us quickly, "I know the circumstances are not ideal, but I'm glad you two have made your way back to one another. There's nothing stronger than the power of love, I tell you."

"Thank you, Aunt Dromeda." Draco smiled softly, "It's nice to have at least one blood relative here to witness this. Two counting Nymphadora."

Andromeda nodded with a smile, "And little Teddy, of course. Oh! Can't forget August as well. He shares a bit of blood."

Everyone that heard her say that whipped their head in her direction.

"What was that?" I asked, blinking rapidly.

"Oh what? Was that not common knowledge?" Andromeda looked around; a bit confused.

"August hasn't told anyone anything about his family. Not much, at least." Hermione added, looking at Andromeda with a bit of worry and curiosity.