Chapter Seventy-One

ROSE POV

Over the next 12-ish weeks, I brainstormed ideas on how to get this idea off of the ground.

I had the financial backing, that was no problem, and I had the dream team behind me as well.

It was just a matter of everyone being on the same page, so when we did start getting shit done, it was done cohesively and with ease.

These 12-weeks were also filled with many firsts.

Never did I think a baby could change so much with in the span of 12-weeks, but it seems Leo was growing and changing nearly every day it seemed like.

The first first was a smile.

Not a gas pain that resulted in a smile or an involuntary twitch, but a real smile.

I had just given him a bath, and Draco laid on the bed with him while I went to go fetch him something fresh to wear, as we were about to head to the Burrow for dinner.

I returned back to see that the warm water of the bath had made him sleepy, which was no good, as if he slept now, it would be Draco and I paying the price later.

I laid the clothes down next to him gently and hovered over him.

"Wake up, Leo." I said in a sing songy voice that Draco and I both started doing when talking to him.

His bright green eyes fluttered open to see me above him, and Draco and I both gasped as the corners of his mouth turned up into a genuine smile that reached his eyes.

Draco and I's heads immediately snapped in the direction of one another, eyes wide and mouths a gape.

"Okay, that might be the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life." Draco replied, sounding dead serious in his statement.

Draco's face entered Leo's frame of view and another smile spread on our baby's face.

Swoon.

----------

The next first was when Leo's small baby cooing noises turned into more of a babble than anything. Like he was speaking some baby language that none of us were aware of.

When he first started doing it, Draco and I would sit there and listen to it constantly, pretending as if we were having full blown conversations with him.

"Did you have a good day today?" Draco would ask, simultaneously cooking and watching as Leo laid strapped into his baby swing that Draco had brought into the kitchen.

Babble.

"Ah, that's good." Draco nodded, "You see the Harpies won again last night? Your aunt Ginny says they're going to go all the way to the World Cup, but I'm not buying it."

Babble.

"What was that?" Draco asked.

Babble.

"I'm more of a Magpies fan myself as well. Wonderful choice of team, son. Great job." Draco winked at him, which Leo returned with a smile.

"You only like the Magpies because they've won the most." I smirked and shook my head as I walked out of the bedroom, fresh out of the shower with more comfortable clothes on.