Chapter 11 - Végétarien

Chapter 11: Végétarien

Malia’s POV

The door that joined my room together with the one of the other rooms opened but I didn’t look up from my book. I was too engrossed with Dashner’s way with words.

“Thomas would’ve expected shouts and questions, arguments. But no one said a word; all eyes were glued to the girl, now lying there as if asleep, her chest rising and falling with shallow breaths. Contrary to their original conclusion, she was very much alive.” (James Dashner The Maze Runner)

“Hey, you can come into the other room if you want,” I hear Shawn offer. I don’t look up as I continue reading.

“No thanks I like being engulfed in a world full of words,” I say despite how cliché it may sound.

“I can’t wait for the movie to come out,” He says. My head shoots up.

“THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE?!?!?!?!” I shout as I hop up from the bed and run into the other room fan girling. All the guys look at me with weird expressions on their faces but I have gotten used to it, I do some pretty weird stuff.

“They are—making a movie—out of the book,” I stutter out trying to catch my breath as I jump up and down in excitement.

“Yeah you didn’t know it’s coming out on September 19th,” Cameron says.

“Oh my god that is so close! Wait that means the trailer’s out. MOVE!” I shout as I run to the nearest computer and go on YouTube and search The Maze Runner trailer. I click the first video.

“I was using that,” Hayes complains.

“Shhhhh,” I say as I swat at his face with my hand while my eyes remain glued to the computer screen. The trailer starts and Dylan O’Brien is playing Thomas. I may not know everything, but I know who Dylan O’Brien is, I watch Teen Wolf.

“Oh. My. God,” I say. Thomas Sangster is playing Newt. I start to fan myself, stand up, and walk around. Anything to calm my ovaries. You can’t just spring Thomas Sangster and Dylan O’Brien on me at the same time, like WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT.

“Do you think she is okay?” Gilinsky says to Cameron.

“I don’t know I have never seen her like this,” Cameron says back.

“It’s called fan girling,” Johnson says. They all instantly go online and look it up.

“FOUND IT!” Cameron shouts.

“The reaction a girl has to any mention or sighting of the object of her ‘affection’. These reactions include shortness of breath, fainting, high pitched noises, shaking, fierce head shaking as if in the midst of a seizure, wet panties—oh come on I don’t want to think about that with my sister…. and endless blog posts,” He reads off of his phone before making a disgusted face.