Chapter 17 - NAFs

Okay guys, so this chapter is a little bit different, I can't exactly explain everything but I hope that you guys understand the point that I try to make in this chapter.

Chapter 17: NAFs

Malia’s POV

The rest of the Magcon Q and A went without error. I answered a few more questions. Something about me today just felt off, or different. Ever since I had my long thought process I just couldn’t stop thinking about it. About the whole book question. I feel like the book has a double meaning or maybe I am overanalyzing it, but whatever. 

However Magcon cannot be stopped because Malia India Dallas has weird thoughts so the show went on. We were at the point where we were taking pictures with the ___. I don’t know what to call them. I want to come up with a name for all of the people who support us because calling them fans makes me feel as if I am belittling them as a person. So for now I will call them NAF’s. Not a fan. Several NAF’s came up to Cameron and I and we took pictures and signed as much stuff as we could and followed them on twitter.  I saw India walking with Sammy. Sammy was the one who asked me the question.

“Hey Sammy, India,” I say acknowledging both of them.

“You remember me?” She asks stunned.

“Of course I do,” I say to her with a smile and I give her a hug. I follow her on twitter and Cameron does the same. We take a bunch of pictures together and I sign a bunch of her stuff and Cameron does too. Why can’t I do more than just this? I feel like we do the same thing for everyone. All these boys have to do is give them a hug tell them they are beautiful and the girls are instantly in tears. I don’t understand, we shouldn’t be able to do that. You should have to put effort into something to be able to control someone’s emotions. Their presence shouldn’t render you speechless, since when did I become better than you? Just because people actually know who I am doesn’t mean I am better, it just means I am lucky, privileged, fortunate, whatever you want to call it but not better.

“When is your birthday Sammy?” I ask her, I want her to feel a friendship connection not a fan connection.

“October 29, 1999,” she says. Remember that Malia. Luckily for me, I have a pretty good memory, I don’t have a photographic one, and I’m not special like that. But I have a weird knack for almost always remembering people’s birthdays and just odd little facts about them.

I couldn’t get to know everything about Sammy and India but I gave India my number without telling Sammy (I didn’t want another Jake incident, not that I don’t trust her, but I don’t know her) so India could call and text me so we could get to know each other. It may just be one or two NAFs at a time, but is a step closer than doing nothing. The day continued and I tried to learn as much about my NAFs as I could.

I met so many people. Megan, Ella, Elle, Charlotte, Sophia, Thea, Adrian, Carrie, Molly, Rachel, Brittney, Haley, Ali, Asha, Skylar, Mary Kate, Mckayla, Samantha, Melody, Valery, Tracy, another Rachel, Taylor, Sydney, Eloise, Katherine, Catarina, Sara, Lauren, Caroline, Sandra, and Julia. There were so many more but my brain isn’t allowing me to remember everything and it makes me feel completely guilty. Perhaps next time I meet them all I can write down their names so then I will remember them for sure. That reminds me. I pull out my phone and I add to my list of YouTube video ideas.

        - Girl’s clothing

        - Relationship between Fan and Celebrities (NAF announcement)

I don’t know when I will make my next video but it is hopefully soon because I need to get my thoughts out to people. I want my NAF’s to understand that I know what they are going through, or at least I hope I know.