Chapter 25 - L'hôpital

Told you guys you would get to read the next chapter ;) enjoy and comment what you think when you're done with the chapter!

Chapter 25: L'hôpital

Malia's POV

Oh. My. God. I kissed Matt. It wasn't long but it was NOT short. We were just staring at each other and then I just kissed him and he kissed back! But then probably 3 seconds later I pulled back. I probably looked horrified. I was confused. I had just told him that I wasn't sure about my feelings for him. I don't know if that kiss made it better or worse. I thought it was a good kiss, I mean he was a good kisser. I wonder if I was a good kisser. I was probably awful... after I unexpectedly kissed him I ran back to my room. I needed to get away from him, thankfully he didn't follow me up. I closed my door and locked it. I ran to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

I would say that cliché thing, 'I looked like a mess,' but to be honest I didn't. I looked the same as I had 30 minutes ago.

I decided I needed some fresh air so I switched my slippers for my black vans and grabbed my cat eye sunglasses and penny board. I went downstairs quietly as to avoid attracting attention or bumping into Matt. Thankfully no one saw me as I slipped out the front door. I closed it quietly behind me and hopped on my board. I didn't know my way around here, but I wasn't going to go too far. Besides I have my phone. No I don't. I left it in my room. Oh well there is NO WAY I am going back in that house. I just need some space to think this all out. I skated down the driveway and found my way onto the road that lead up to the house. I rode down the long twisty road. Just skating on this is fun, however this will be a lot of work to get back up because it has a small slope and it is long.

I skated a few more minutes before I saw this old park. There weren't any kids at it, which made sense because it was all run down. All that was left of it was this swing set. Kind of reminded me of the swing set in The Fault in Our Stars. It was small and rundown and just sad in general. However I skated over to this swing set and sat down. I didn't attempt to swing because if I did it would probably break. It wasn't night time. I couldn't look up at the stars and pretend to talk to the sky like Simba did in The Lion King, it was probably only 11:30am. I wasn't hungry yet but I wanted time to think about what happened. I guess I do like Matt but I don't know if it is too early to just jump into a relationship. Also I think things will be awkward. I know they shouldn't be I am comfortable around Matt. We have deep talks and just those playful talks. I don't want it to be awkward. Maybe it's just me thinking too hard. I feel like when you like someone and they like you back you automatically think oh we are boyfriend and girlfriend and then things get awkward because you put a label on your relationship, which I think only forces you to try and act all couple like or something. That made no sense, but then again my brain is a jumble of thoughts.

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." I say out loud more to myself then anything, because no one is here. I'm not even talking to the stars because it is freaking day time...well invisible stars. But that is literally how I feel right now.

"Hey mom. I don't know what to say, you saw what happened. I am a mess even though I don't look like one yet," I say to the sky. I don't even know if she is up there but I would like to think so. "I do like Matt that much I know for sure, I guess I am just nervous that now things will be awkward between us. However I read something that said, 'it's only awkward if you make it awkward' so I guess as long as I don't make things awkward, all is well. However I am one of the most awkward people ever. What am I going to do?" I complain to the sky. I get up from the swing and scream into the sky.